Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #21
Ken / Claudia

That could be correct but, it was closed so as not to interfer with the comm trucks. But, I could have written myself a cite, actually I was off duty, I would have had to phone a coworker. We normally would not cite until thousand lbs over unless there were other factors showing unsafe vehicle operation.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:27 PM   #22
gearhead

I had never weighed a trailer before so I had no idea how it worked. I had weighed my truck solo a few weeks before, and the attendant was right by the scale. We were on a trip with the trailer and I had just gassed up and saw a scale next to the gas station. I pulled on the scales and sat there. Nothing happening. Pulled off and went inside. Told the guy I was on the scales. Oh! you didn't push the button, go back again. I got back on the scales and saw the button. It was too tall for me...was made for 18 wheelers!
So let the attendant know you are not in a 18 wheeler...especially if they can't see you from the office.
Reminds me...I need to weigh the new truck.
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote