Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
Beerdude41867

I mounted mine to the inside of the cabinet door under the sink, within easy reach while sitting on the head.
Beerdude41867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #22
Capebreton

All this chat about toilet paper holders, but what about the actual toilet paper? Do you guys use the regular household TP in your TT's or do you spend the extra on the TP made for TT's?
Capebreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #23
mikell

Use whatever you want just take it for a ride with lots of water before you dump. At the end of a boondocking weekend put a lot of water in and take it for a ride.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #24
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capebreton View Post
All this chat about toilet paper holders, but what about the actual toilet paper? Do you guys use the regular household TP in your TT's or do you spend the extra on the TP made for TT's?
Most of us try (and usually succeed) in not putting anything down the toilet that will clump or, if caught in the slide valve, not get pinched in the valve. Most two ply tissue, babywipes, feminine hygiene products, kleenex and paper towels will not break down. They can (and will) get trapped in the slide valve causing it to not close completely. This leads to "leakage" and "smelly suprises" when you remove the end cap from the sewer connection.

Not all "single ply" tissue will break down easily. The brand that I find works well is Scott's single ply. I'm sure there are others that work equally well. One test to see if your choice will break down is to put a cup of water in a clear container, add a couple sheets of the paper to be tested, shake well for 15 seconds and let it sit for 15 minutes. If the paper is still intact, don't use it in your RV black tank. If, however, the paper is dissolved into the water (broken down) it won't contribute to being pinched in the slide valve and you'll be less likely to have slide valve problems.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #25
jje1960

Pop paper

Well, we never did get around to mounting anything. Our T-Paper roll sits on the mini trash receptacle next to the Toilet bowl and shower. When it's finished, just reach to the cabinet under the sink and place another roll in the same place. No screws or plugs or studs or anything else required. JS... That's 'Just Sayin'.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 01:22 AM   #26
joe1207us

hmm why?

Why when we pay for a bathroom in a camper do WE have to install the toilet paper holder. also regarding the Duel Batteries there are no wiring diagrams with the owners manual. oversight or lack of QC? i have not used my RV in 4 years (SICKNESS)so imagine my surprise when the batteries were stolen from a compartment that should have come with a lock. i cannot figure out what wire goes where none are labeled. i traded a lock from a compartment on the side and used it on the propane/battery door. now if i can get the batteries to work. FRYING 30A MAIN 12V FUSES IN CONVERTER . Any help would be nice thanks in advance since i am mobility challanged...Joe
2004 springdale 242FWREL
joe1207us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:54 AM   #27
mazboy123

batteries

batteries.

google is wonderful.
https://www.google.com/search?q=batt...ient=firefox-a

mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #28
Yosemitebob

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1207us View Post
Why when we pay for a bathroom in a camper do WE have to install the toilet paper holder. also regarding the Duel Batteries there are no wiring diagrams with the owners manual. oversight or lack of QC? i have not used my RV in 4 years (SICKNESS)so imagine my surprise when the batteries were stolen from a compartment that should have come with a lock. i cannot figure out what wire goes where none are labeled. i traded a lock from a compartment on the side and used it on the propane/battery door. now if i can get the batteries to work. FRYING 30A MAIN 12V FUSES IN CONVERTER . Any help would be nice thanks in advance since i am mobility challanged...Joe
2004 springdale 242FWREL
Batteries are not usually supplied by maker, it's a dealer thing I don't know why but is. Never lock your propane doors there are reasons for that and I believe it is also law, the fuses blew because you hooked the batteries up back words, better the fuses than the inverter/converter, bummer losing the batteries mine are locked up in the front compartment.
1800 / 3600 inverter with auto transfer switch,
The bosses: My wife and two Labradoddles 80 lbs each
Yosemitebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:35 AM   #29
chain_dogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryWT View Post
we went with the free standing
Us too !!

chain_dogg is offline   Reply With Quote