Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
Capt. Steve

Smile Suction Cup Mirrors

I will be towing my soon to be purchased Keystone Bullet 215rbs with a 1998 Chevy 3500 Express Van (full ton). I'm assuming my original equipment mirrors will not be "wide" enough to see outside the 8ft wide trailer. And yes I know what assume stands for, LOL. Will the stick-on suction cup mirrors work (wide enough, stay on, etc.)? Will I need the wider mirrors? Should I look at other options?
Capt. Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Ideally, if you positioned yourself well behind your Bullet and looked towards your TV, you should be able to see the whole mirror. Obviously, the farther it sticks out, the better. It depends on how much your stock van mirrors extend out from the van. I doubt if they would extend far enough out to give you a good and safe view of vehicles approaching from both the driver's and passenger's side.
You may get an extended view by using a stick-on convex mirror but to be on the safe side, I would do whatever is necessary to make sure that you have a good view of the traffic in both lanes behind you. You are essentially talking about your safety here and I wouldn't scrimp on merely buying a couple of stick-ons and saying now I am good to go.
Having a good view is necessary not only when you are in traffic, but also when you are backing up into a campsite.