Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #1
carlabqt

Lightbulb upgrading

Hi!! Just got back from the PA RV show. We have a F350 and are looking to upgrade our travel trailer to either a k-z or the Keystone Avalanche 340 TG. We are excited and would like to know what people think of the Avalanche and Keystone. Does anyone have any advice???
carlabqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Pennsylvaniasprinter

We also live in PA. We looked long and hard at all campers, went to many shows, and were considering a travel trailer from either KZ and Keystone. Because of the features and layout, we went with the Keystone. We purchased our new travel trailer in April and it has been used more by the people trying to fix it than we have used it. It has been in for repairs all summer long which took many days to repair. We would get the camper home, and it would break again. As a matter of fact, it is in for repairs as I speak. The first 3 weeks of ownership were fine.....then the slideout broke consistently all summer long. As a matter of fact, it blew 3 slideout motors, a computer board, and now the whole underbelly needs replaced i.e. slideout rails, slides, motor mount brackets, etc. Keystone RV company told us every time "we believe this is a fixable issue", just bring it to the dealership and have them repair it. We had to cancel the camping vacation we had planned, canceled numerous weekend trips, run the camper back and forth for repairs (which always had to stay a few days at the dealerships). I guess the more money you pay for something, the less of a chance you have for getting a product that works properly. We looked at other campers before we got this, and to be honest with you, I still do love the layout and features, however, I am thoroughly disqusted with the fact that when they deliver a defective product their only answer is "Keystone feels the trailer is repairable, take it back to the dealership". We have had nothing but stress since April with dealings with this trailer. All I wanted was to be able to enjoy my travel trailer with my family.....that hasn't happened yet this year. Wait, I'm wrong, one weekend it worked, it wasn't until we brought it home from the weekend and tried to unpack that the slideout stopped working. You may decide on a Keystone and it may give you no problems whatsoever, however, I'm just telling you what happened to us. Goodluck with your decision!
Pennsylvaniasprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
antiqfreq

Hi,
and welcome to the forum.

Most members, luckily, seem to have better luck with their Keystone product that the above poster and we always hate to hear when someone has continuous problems with their unit that just never seem to be fixed.

Lucky for us our product has served us well and still does as we've been fulltiming almost a year in it now.

We hope, should you decide on a Keystone RV, to check back with us frequently should you have any questions and we hope we can answer them for you quickly.

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #4
hypes5

We purchased a Avalanche 340TG in May and love it. We have had a few problems but nothing major. We have had it out 5 times so far including a 10 day trip to the beach with 8 people and two of them were babies less than 8 months old and we had plenty of room. Heading out again tomorrow for the weekend. The only thing I wish we had was the 2nd a/c. Keep us posted on what you decide.