Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
MG72B

Thumbs down Front Stablizers stopped with working with switch

Hello, I'm new to the forum. We purchased a 2016 cougar 26RLS 5th Wheel.
We just got back from our maiden voyage. When i went to put down the front stablizers they went down about half way and stopped. I checked the fuses and they were fine. I got the remote control and that worked, (seemed slower)
Has anyone else had this problem? I did Google it and some said inline fuse, (I dont know where to find it, Some said the brain is not working properly, I don't understand how the remote can work but not the switch.
Thank you in advance for your help.

mg72b
MG72B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:08 PM   #2
Pull Toy

It's gonna' take some trouble shooting, but if thee jacks travel at all, either direct control panel, or remote control, it's not a fuse. You may just need to sync, calibrate, or reset your unit. Brand new unit should be the dealers problem, what's their idea?

If you don't have a paper copy, try downloading the Lippert Manual for your model. They're pretty good. If you need help their customer support line is a good resource.

Good Luck,

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #3
Pmedic4

Front Stablizers or Landing Gear??

Assume you are talking about your front landing gear? To me stabilizers are used only for leveling your unit when camping.

While probably not the same as your problem, I'll related mine because it could be something like it. On one trip, we were having trouble hooking up, and must have had the Landing Gear up and own about 10 times. Was using the button inside the basement area, and it stopped working, but the remote worked to get it hooked up. Later, both stopped working, the button and the remote, and found the fuse was blown, replaced it, and as soon as I pushed the button, it blew the fuse, and tried this a couple more times, and the remote would work.
What I found is the wires to the back of the button had melted together, and shorted out the wiring, so the first problem probably broke the connection, which then overheated and shorted the wires together. The one thing I found was the wires were covered in a spray in/on insulation, which I think caused the problem by holding the heat around the wires, causing the insulation to melt. I cleaned the insulation off the wires, repaired them, and haven't had a problem since. I'd check the wiring on the switch to see if it's still connected well, since your's didn't blow a fuse, likely not a wiring short like mine.

A difference I've noticed from your comment, is that when using the remote, the slides, Landing gear and Rear stablizer seems to work faster, not slower?

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
CWSWine

My Cougar did the the same thing - worked with the remote and not the switch. I trace the wires from the switch and the wires went above the front cargo door and right about in the middle was a inline fuse that had blown. Replace the fuse and never blew again. Hope that helps.
2016 GMC Denila 1 ton Diesel CC 3722
2017 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R
Montana 3711FL Front Living Room 5er
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:12 PM   #5
bobbecky

Do you have the hydraulic leveling system? or is this an electric motor, gear driven system? If it is hydraulic, you are not looking for an inline fuse, but an automatic reset circuit breaker. It would be mounted on a wall near the hydraulic pump, and have two studs with the wires attached, probably covered with a red plastic protector. Being that your rig is that new, I would suggest taking it to the dealer, so you don't accidentally cross something and end up paying more than fuel to get it to and from the dealer.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 04:36 AM   #6
MG72B

I like thank for your responses. It was an inline fuse. This is our first 5th and we love it. Learning as we go. This forum is a great resource for help. Again Thank you

Rick & Orlette
Old 06-02-2016, 12:12 PM   #7
pakuma

Had a similar problem, I replaced the inline fuse with an automatic in line circuit breaker.
pakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 06:05 PM   #8
MG72B

Can you send me more info on the inline circuit breaker?
Old 06-02-2016, 07:26 PM   #9
randy69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG72B View Post
Hello, I'm new to the forum. We purchased a 2016 cougar 26RLS 5th Wheel.
We just got back from our maiden voyage. When i went to put down the front stablizers they went down about half way and stopped. I checked the fuses and they were fine. I got the remote control and that worked, (seemed slower)
Has anyone else had this problem? I did Google it and some said inline fuse, (I dont know where to find it, Some said the brain is not working properly, I don't understand how the remote can work but not the switch.
Thank you in advance for your help.

mg72b
The remote receiver are wired Parallel. Either one does the job. You have a blown fuse. (Trace the wire) or a loose wire to battery or bad switch.

2010 361lev
f350 larriet 4x4
randy69 is offline   Reply With Quote