Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #21
dcg9381

Let us know what the repair is...
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #22
darrylwt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg9381 View Post
Let us know what the repair is...
I took the trailer in Feb. the 24th so just shy of a month for the repairs hopeful, I think the floor was the biggest job to fix/replace.

I talked to the dealer yesterday and they said the aluminum frame wasn't welded all the way just tack welded and the weld broke lose. I should have it back by the 21st of this month. They also had to replace the vinyl flooring because it was coming lose and bubbling in spots. I also had a Dish antenna installed the Winegard TRAV'LER DISH 1000 Multi-Satellite TV Antenna oh and the toilet wouldn't hols water and this will be the 3rd time they had to fix it.
with 5" exhaust system
2015 Keystone Montana HC 305RL
650 Watt Solar panels, 4 6volt T-105
Go power 3000 inverter.
darrylwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 04:15 AM   #23
Dave W

I've followed this from a 'lurker' standpoint since last December since we have a 2014 Montana HC. Our main slide has always been the 'problem child' though not to the point of deflection and failure. The other three slides work and sound just fine. This main slide has shrieked, jerked and groaned while operating. I did a cable adjustment along with a full lube and have described it here and in the Maintenance forum (http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24643). I am of the opinion that since our sink counter is in the way of easy access, the Keystone 'mechanic' in charge of that slide did a poor installation and got lazy. It also has a heavy sofa bed and dinette.There are QC stickers on each end but those come on a sheet and can go on without any real work. Yes, ours was big time misadjusted and as of Wednesday, worked well and quiet. I am still concerned about future weld failure though as I have no way to inspect that nor do I have any aluminum mig welding equipment - yet!!
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote