Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2015, 08:57 PM   #1
tgpilot

Cool 339 fwsls 2007 copper canyon issues

Ok, getting a bit frustrated with this thing. Bought it used last Fall and dumped a ton of money that I wasn't expecting into it.

Started my three month vacation yesterday and after I got to Coburg, OR. I went into the Camping World they have there, to have them install three slide toppers they had on sale. While there, I brought up the fact that my slides were stalling when running them in or out. They found that some idiot had put a light wire on it, so they replaced it with a heavier wire that so far seems to do the trick. They recommended also, a 90 amp resettable fuse to replace the 30 amp that was on it. That they did not have will pick it up tomorrow at a parts house.

The other two issues were I had pop a couple of 30 amp inline fuses on the landing gear. Today, I blew two in five minutes. Don't have a clue to the problem here.

Last, when I had the rig in the shop all winter being worked on, I had them replace the old analog ant for a new digital one. Nothing, nada, not a pix on either TV, and yes I found and turned on the amp switch. Now, when I did a trial run on Memorial day I hooked up to park cable and got a bit off their messed up signal. I have one that says Sat. prep and the other is just a line in which I assume is the direct on air line. I've tried both.

Anybody have an answer to any of my issues?

Thanks,

Tom
tgpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Tom -
I would replace the 30A inline fuse in your landing gear with a 30A auto reset breaker and see if that solves the problem of blowing the fuse. If not, your landing jacks may be binding causing the fuse to blow.
It seems strange that they would replace a 30A slide fuse with a 90A resettable fuse. On our '08 Cougar slide mechanism it has a 30A auto reset breaker and if it wasn't functioning properly, I'd replace it with a fuse of the same amperage - not 90A.

Perhaps some of our electrical experts can offer some opinions on CW's recommendation that you replace a 30A fuse with a 90A one.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:36 AM   #3
tgpilot

Funny thing is, the inline 30 amp goes to a resettable fuse of unknown size. So, it blows before the resettable trips. I too, had thought they might be binding, just don't know.
Old 06-24-2015, 06:01 PM   #4
tgpilot

Well, solved the TV problem. I was told by a RV repairman that I probably needed a converter box for my old analog TV, the ant alone was not going to do it. I had three or four that I had bought a few years back during the big change over. Never used them and packed them away.

Now, a thousand miles from home I find I need one, so had to run to Wally World and blow another fifty on another box. BUT, it works, now have TV via the ant on the roof.

Now, if I could just solve those other problems.