Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #1
SkiSmuggs

Porch & Scare Light lenses.

I want to replace my porch and scare lights with LED but am not sure how to pop the lenses of my High Country. A screw driver at the side looks like it might work, but don't want to hurt them.
Also, anyone know what type of LEDs work for those? I have most of the interiors replaced.
The others I want to replace are the recessed lights over the bathroom sink and mirror. I haven't figured out how to get to those yet either.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #2
superdog404
Gone Traveling

I would also like to know how to replace the recessed lights over the bathroom sink and mirror.

Thank you
superdog404
superdog404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 03:37 AM   #3
TomHaycraft

Haven't had a need to replace the bulb in the scare light (I'm assuming that is the bright white light near the front?) but have replaced the bulb in the yellow "porch"? light.

If yours is like mine, try pinching the yellow lens cover. There are tabs top and bottom. Mine clears the bottom tab pretty quick, then pivot out and up to clear the top one. My porch light contains a common automotive bayonet-style lamp, was easily replaced with an LED bulb of same base. Sorry I don't have the numbers readily accessible.
TomHaycraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 08:03 AM   #4
SkiSmuggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHaycraft View Post
Haven't had a need to replace the bulb in the scare light (I'm assuming that is the bright white light near the front?) but have replaced the bulb in the yellow "porch"? light.

If yours is like mine, try pinching the yellow lens cover. There are tabs top and bottom. Mine clears the bottom tab pretty quick, then pivot out and up to clear the top one. My porch light contains a common automotive bayonet-style lamp, was easily replaced with an LED bulb of same base. Sorry I don't have the numbers readily accessible.
Thanks, and a big help! The scare (bright white near front) light should be the same. Now if someone can help with the recessed sink lights....