Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
GlenBAzle

Rear bedroom slide problem

On my 2011 Cougar 324RLB, last wknd the rear slide went back in ok, but now back at home, it will not extend out. Lots of "clicking" noise & the 2 gears on the outside under the slide that mesh together aren't turning/moving.

Battery is new, fully charged. The main slide & master br wardrobe slide operate in/out just fine using either the remote or the rocker switches on the inside panel.
Before I haul it to a service center, do you have any ideas on what's causing this slide to not operate out? I tried both the remote & the rocker with no results--same clicking noise sounding like something isn't engaging.
I checked inside to see if something is blocking it--nothing.
Thx!
GlenBAzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:46 AM   #2
elky66

I had that problem with a Laredo. If you can find the manual crank-out shaft for that slide and turn it a few turns, the electrics will then go ahead and move it out. I learned on my Laredo, when moving the slides in, get off the button as soon as possible when you hear the first click. Then, when it comes time to move slides back out, it will tend to go without clicking.

The clicking is a safety to prevent tearing up something so your dealer might be able to adjust that slide.
elky66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:14 AM   #3
jsmith948

We had the same problem, I will attempt to paste a link to the thread referring to your issue. Hope it helps. Loosening the 'bell stop' fixed ours. If you search 'bell stop' there are at least a couple of threads. Good luck & please let us know?

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...ight=bell+stop

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #4
GlenBAzle

Thanks, you folks are AWESOME! It was the bell stop adjustment. Took me about 5 minutes to fix this slide issue!
I tried in/out several times after backing the bell stop out about 1 1/2 turns--not even that much...used the remote & rocker--worked like a charm on both!
I now have a 14" pipe wrench & 12" crescent in my on-board tool box!
This forum is a terrific source of expertise and first-hand experience!

Thanks for the help!
GlenBAzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #5
jsmith948

You're welcome, glad it worked

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote