Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
ftm

Non Pressure Water Inlet on Right side of Unit ON Raptor 300

When would you use the non-pressure water inlet on the entry side of the RV. I can find no infoo on this and the selling dealer did not explain the use of it. On the other side of the unit is the city water hookup and the tank fill??? Thanks fof any help with this as we are Newbee's.
ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
Beerdude41867

It's the way you fill the fresh water tank. But you can also fill it by using the fill valve at the city side too. I actually used the city port for the first time just recently. We went camping at a campground with full hook-ups, we left from home, so to save weight I left the fresh water tank empty for the trip there. After our 5 days there we left to go dry camping for another 4 days. So before I unhooked the water supply I just opened the fill valve to fill up the fresh water tank. Kind of convenient. Just be sure to open the cap on the fresh water fill when you open the valve on the city water inlet so as to not damage the tank.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:50 AM   #3
ftm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude41867 View Post
It's the way you fill the fresh water tank. But you can also fill it by using the fill valve at the city side too. I actually used the city port for the first time just recently. We went camping at a campground with full hook-ups, we left from home, so to save weight I left the fresh water tank empty for the trip there. After our 5 days there we left to go dry camping for another 4 days. So before I unhooked the water supply I just opened the fill valve to fill up the fresh water tank. Kind of convenient. Just be sure to open the cap on the fresh water fill when you open the valve on the city water inlet so as to not damage the tank.
Thanks Beerdude41867, that was a big help
ftm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:07 AM   #4
canesfan

It is to fill the water tank when you don't have city water pressure. Say you are dry camping and you need to dump some water in the tank from a water jug. You use the gravity fill because there is a check valve in the city water inlet that won't open without water pressure.

You are lucky to have one, they stopped putting them in the new models. Another KS "plus".
Old 04-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
Pmedic4

Most RV manufacters are eliminating the Gravity Fill

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post
It is to fill the water tank when you don't have city water pressure. Say you are dry camping and you need to dump some water in the tank from a water jug. You use the gravity fill because there is a check valve in the city water inlet that won't open without water pressure.

You are lucky to have one, they stopped putting them in the new models. Another KS "plus".
My Sister-in-Law has a Winnebago, it doesn't have a gravity feed and they stopped putting the gravity feed on their models in 2012, so it's not just Keystone. Must save a few bucks.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 AM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfan View Post

Well looks like no running mountain spring water in your Raptor
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote