Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2014, 05:18 PM   #1
Tj6675495

Dish Tailgater

When I run cable in the door and hook up receiver everything works fine, but when I hook it up to the outside and hook it up on the inside it says it can only find 1 of the satellites. I have 2 cable in lets on the out side and 1 says satellite prep, and 2 on the inside that say nothing. Can anyone help me. Thanks
Tj6675495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:10 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj6675495 View Post
When I run cable in the door and hook up receiver everything works fine, but when I hook it up to the outside and hook it up on the inside it says it can only find 1 of the satellites. I have 2 cable in lets on the out side and 1 says satellite prep, and 2 on the inside that say nothing. Can anyone help me. Thanks
You did not mention which cable connector you plugged the dish into on the outside or which one you connected the receiver to inside.?

You did not mention trailer you have and I can only assume they are all wired the same. The coaxial connector outside labeled satellite Prep is a single run cable to your main TV Area 0ne of the two connectors that you referenced as inside. That is the one you want to connect your dish to, on the inside it would be the connector that was not used when you watched your TV using CG cable or your roof top antenna.

Other outside connector generally labeled cable and goes to the antenna booster along with the other connector behind the TV and any other TV coaxial connectors. Do not want to connect dish to this outside connector.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:43 AM   #3
WaltBennett

You may need a cable/wire tracer to figure out what's going where. As an example, Montanas are wired slightly differently by year and by model. You can get a tracer from just about any hardware store or online reasonably.

'06 F350 Lariat turbo diesel dually, Curt 20k, Softopper, Aerosheld, coolant filter, air bags
'10 3665RE Hickory, wet bolts, Trimetric battery monitor, 4 100w panels & Morningstar TS-45, still tweeking!
WaltBennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 PM   #4
lifecamper

I had a similar problem with my Springdale. I called Dish and they gave me the solution. The trailers are wired with a cable that is not correct for the tailgater. I went to Radio Shack and got a through the wall connector and G8 cable mounted the through the wall and hooked the G8 cable from the Tailgater to the 211k receiver. Now all is well. The bedroom TV I just run off of the antenna. Hope this helps.
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifecamper View Post
I had a similar problem with my Springdale. I called Dish and they gave me the solution. The trailers are wired with a cable that is not correct for the tailgater. I went to Radio Shack and got a through the wall connector and G8 cable mounted the through the wall and hooked the G8 cable from the Tailgater to the 211k receiver. Now all is well. The bedroom TV I just run off of the antenna. Hope this helps.
Glad you got it working, I have plans to get some form of antenna/receivers and either Dish or Directv for the Raptor. Thought I read that the tailgater connects to the receiver using RG6 coaxial cable. Is G8 cable a typo?

You did not specify the year of you Springdale. Thought at least in the last ten years video cable used was RG6 coaxial. Prior to that RG59 was used. RG6 being a higher quality cable. Unless your Springdale is very old I would expect it to be wired with RG6 and should have worked. Unless your rig had only one coaxial connector outside, in that case that line went to the antenna, your coaxial connector(s) inside and if a powered antenna a booster amp. I can see that not working. Adding another coaxial connector outside and a separate cable connected to it and the receives solves the problem
Just trying to learn, if you get a chance respond back
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #6
lifecamper

You may be right about the numbers as Old Timers is setting in. I'm sure the Radio shack guy would know and you can always call Dish they have excellent service. My Springdale is a 2007.
Good Luck
lifecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #7
mazboy123

cabling

cable in montanas are fine for satellite tv. you just have to play with it. get about 50 feet of cable and try the different plugs.
mazboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote