Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2018, 06:44 PM   #21
elcaminonut69

Well after a week in the camper I can honestly say the Truma water heater is the best mod I have done to date. In eco mode the Truma takes about 10 seconds longer than the 6 gallon Suburban I replaced. In the regular mode it is as fast as the Suburban but uses a little more propane than eco mode. The fact that the hot water never runs out like it did in the 6 gallon heater will make my DW real happy. I don't dry camp but if I did I would think that in regular mode you would not use any more water than a standard water heater.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:32 AM   #22
Tinner12002

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
I get a kick out of this video, not real strong on facts, and comparisons. Our 2005 came from the factory with LT tires 235/85-16E @ 3,042# ea. The same ST run about 400# more capacity, but have a speed rating of only 65 mph..

I think the sidewall statement of ST being stronger and stiffer I have doubts about. All the ST tires I have ever looked at have soft looking sidewalls.
Then there are these pictures on our LT's and comparable ST's and very close to the same weight and inflation.

These are the LTs nice stright sidewall and round at the bottom.

These are the ST's bulging sidewall and flatter on the ground, almost look way under inflated.

Lol...I was wondering how long it would be before you commented!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 07:29 AM   #23
Eric363

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcaminonut69 View Post
I'm not very happy with my Suburban 6 gallon water heater. The Suburban doesn't seem to work near as good as my old Atwood did. After numerous complaints from my Wife I decided to buy a tankless design water heater. After reading numerous reviews and talking to some people that work on them I decided to go with the Truma. I have yet to install it so I will follow up when I do.
I know the post is over a year old, but where did you buy the Truma from? I thought you have to have them professionally installed. Thanks, Eric
Eric363 is offline   Reply With Quote