Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2014, 07:26 AM   #1
mgallaher

New Alpine 3010RE - Sullins RV, Branson, MO

We traded our 07 Everest 344J for the new Alpine 3010RE from Sullins RV near Branson, Missouri, from whom we bought the Everest in 07. I was given use of their shop area and spent two hours inspecting our new coach several days before we picked it up, which was a tremendous help and I encourage anyone to do the same.

I am impressed with the improvement in workmanship between the two and noticed better attention to details such as strain relief and protecting contact points for branch electric circuit runs and fuel gas lines. The quality of seam completion and attention to detail throughout was also a welcome improvement.

Shakedown overnight trip was great and went through a rain storm with no leaks. Set up and take down was better and the six point leveling system should be considered by anyone looking at a new coach or considering an addition. The stability was remarkable.

Flooring support is much better throughout. The heat pump system worked great during the 29 degree night temps, and the reduction in noise is welcome. Furnace noise is less in comparison, as is noise from outside.

Sullins RV is fantastic to deal with and I recommend them above all others in the Northwest Arkansas and Southwest Missouri area.

I'm very impressed with the 3010RE and highly recommend it. It towed behind my 2007 Duramax much better than the Everest, and it towed really well, and I can tell it will handle long trips easier and with less fatigue on equipment and operator.
mgallaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
tdawg

we have a 3535re and love it, you will really enjoy it
tdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:56 AM   #3
koup

We just picked up our 3010 yesterday and would love to get some feedback on how it travels....anchoring the recliners/dining chairs and carpet lift when dining slide is in. We also were very impressed with the design and features. Looking forward to hearing from other Alpine owners.
koup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #4
Road-King

Koup, Welcome to the forum. I am fairly new around here as well. We made the mistake of going to the RV show last month and we (and my in-laws too) actually ordered a 3010.

While waiting for our 3010 to come in we went to the dealer to take some measurements on the 3010 they had in-stock. While there we were looking at other Alpines and wound up taking a 3600RS home. The in-laws are still waiting on their 3010 to come in. We love our Alpine. After years of leveling everything from a pop-up to a 5er, the 6-point level-up system is the bomb!

We have been out locally for a shake down camping trip. The only things we found wrong with our unit was; there was a tare in the bed spread (Keystone is shipping us a new one), one of the flood lights didn't work and the microwave stove-vent was missing the filter.
2008 FLHRC 105th
Road-King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #5
EVMIII

Great to hear. I just put a deposit down on a 2014 Alpine 3010RE. I will be going in Friday to do my initial PDI. Dealer is very willingly agreed to take as long as I want. Dealer has full hookups so we'll fill every tank, run every pump, flush every valve, and operate every system. Anything out of the ordinary you would recommend I check out. This my first 5er so I am learning as I go. Already spent about an hour on the inside just checking fit and finish.

Overall, everything looks good. One recliner was busted, they are replacing. All screws seemed tight, cabinets seemed square, latches all were operational, lights all worked. Only running on battery so I didn't get to do full check, AC, furnace, entertainment center, etc...

Just waiting on the slide toppers to arrive and be installed. Looking forward to getting it out on the road. All advice and tips are welcome.
EVMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
Road-King

EVMIII, I don't think you will be sorry. We have been out a second time in ours with no problems. Keystone sent us a new Bedspread and the dealer fixed the light bulb and replaced the MW filter.
My in-laws got theirs in. They had a cabinet door come off the cabinet frame. The screws were only about 1/4" long. FIL will be replacing those as needed. They also got the wrong couch. They ordered theirs with a air mattress and it came with the love seat double recliner. Nice love seat but they need another bed. Other that that all their mechanicals seem to working fine.
I lived in Biloxi back in 1980. I had the biggest driveway in the state. The house/cabin i rented was right next door to St.Michale's in my landlords back yard. So we would park in the church lot and hop the fence... Biloxi has changed just a little.... lol
2008 FLHRC 105th
Old 05-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #7
Toejam1

Alpine 3010re

We picked our new 3010re in early April and have had three shake down runs since then. Love the new 5er, here are a few issues that I have had: the rear tv hits the main slideout when stowed and towing, the retainer straps do not keep it secured. I corrected this by installing an expandable curtain rod covered with pipe insulation inside cabinet at bottom of tv, works great so far.
I have had no luck with the motion sensing light above the door, it was burnt out during initial walk through and was replaced, but I haven't managed to get it to work since, probably a minor fix.
Toejam1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:47 PM   #8
Road-King

I have noticed my motion sensing light is not as sensitive from straight on and more sensitive from the side.

I assume you know to turn it on, off then on again to get it motion sensing mode....
2008 FLHRC 105th
Old 05-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #9
koup

Shakedown 2014 Alpine 3010RE

After our week long shakedown I discovered some minor issues such as the entry door sticks when trying to open it, the microwave door opened during transport and has creased the door as it slung open dumping the contents of the oven all over the coach, the LED light strip for the steps continues to blow the fuse, the double door refrigerator does not seal properly because the flap on the left door does not close enough for the right door to seal against it.
My last concern at this particular time is the plumbing. We noticed we were filling one of the gray tanks very quickly and the other gray tank was not filling at all. When I dumped the tanks one of the gray tanks was completely dry even though we used both sinks and the shower. Once I got home I looked at the plumbing and I discovered Keystone has plumbed the washer / dryer drain to one of the gray tanks and the galley and shower are plumbed to the other gray tank.
The bathroom sink is plumbed to the black tank. Have any 3010RE owners experienced this crazy plumbing configuration? I called Keystone support and they couldn't tell me how the coach was supposed to be plumbed. I'm wondering if there was a mistake when mine was built.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:25 AM   #10
ChuckS

Smile

Glad everyone is enjoying their new Alpine 3010REs.. We love ours (bought Mar 2014) ..

I did a lot of research like everyone else at several brands with the same basic layouts, price, etc. The more I read various reviews I came to realize this:

.. each brand I looked at Keystone, Palamino , Jayco, Forest River had good reviews and had reviews that concerned me.
.. we could only afford to make this purchase once in our life time (age 60) and just two more years to retirement..

So we looked at each brand over the course of two years and just decided either it would be the Montana 3400RL or the Alpine ( we looked at this one last this year)

Based on what we thought we knew, what we could physically see, what we had read on the various forums decided Alpine was it..

** Regarding the post about the gray tanks that is weird! Both my gray tanks appear to fill as I would expect. The first one fills from the shower and sink while the other appears to fill from the kitchen sink.

** I opened gray valves one at a time with tanks empty and then turned on a sink faucet to see where the water would come from.

Filling the water tank is different than I am used to. Not gravity feed. I finally figured out to fill with my inline pressure regulator from hose and watched level indicator. When it got to 3/4 full I slowed down the hose flow and then realized the vent from the water tank in clear at back left side (DUH).. I then fill till I start to see some water come out of that vent.. Tank full.. Watched for a day to see if there were any leaks. None!

My fridge door issue I had with doors not aligned and one that opened during first trip are fixed after dealer adjusted, etc. Second outing was dry camp and towed on gravel road about 6 miles with some bumps, etc.. Doors stayed tight going in and coming out. Yes!

So far the 6 point level system is perfect. I run in manual for unhitch and hitch.. I raise fiver off hitch, pull forward and then hit auto level. Each and everytime the fiver will drop nose low ( supposed to) and then go thru its routine to find level. Takes about 2 minutes max. I use some 1 x 12's I cut into 12 inch squares.. Two stacked for front landing gear and 1 for the rest.

Outside motion light works like it should if I remember to cycle the switch twice. Love the little LEDs outside for steps..

Heater works great on both AC element and gas. AC works great boon docking when I run 2 Honda 2000's paralleled. I had to really think about spending this kind of cash for two of these generators but I can say it is the right match, they are damn quite, and will run everything in the fiver except both ACs at once. I found that I run wiht ECO mode off to start living room AC, and then once compressor starts I turn both to ECO mode and all is fine.

One generator will run the microwave with the TV on just fine. This was a lot to spend for these generators but if you want something that is quite, will last for years, starts with one pull, and is efficient on gas the Hondas are it!

Tires - I don't like these tires at all. Why?? Because I have read so many post about the factory tires blowing. I bought the TST 707 TPMS and installed 4 sensors on the fiver and two on rear drive tires of my Duramax for a peace of mind.

Pressure set at 80 cold. Within ten minutes of towing the pressures on all four fiver tires rise to about 88.. Rear drive tires on truck same. When we tow in hotter weather these rise to 92-94 psi.. Temps on tires appear balanced and they rise as well.

I will run these tires for this season then replace with something and also replace the valve stems with the screwed in all metal high pressure ones.

Long winded...
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:59 AM   #11
koup

Hey ChuckS

Thank you for the feedback on my plumbing issue. I would like to confirm that your coach is washer / dryer ready? I did call Keystone and they couldn't tell me how my plumbing was supposed to be which I thought was very odd.

Even if Keystone agrees that it was plumed incorrectly I'm kind of thinking I will fix it myself instead of having a dealer do it.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #12
ChuckS

Yes - my 3010RE is plumbed for the washer and dryer setup... I double checked what I reported regarding how the tanks fill and again the bathroom sink and shower fill one tank while the kitchen sink fills the other gray tank.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #13
koup

Thank you ChuckS

Thank you for confirming your plumbing for me. I have redirected the shower drain to the other gray tank so now my plumbing goes like this. The bathroom sink and toilet drain into the black tank. The kitchen sink drains into one of the grays by itself. The shower and laundry drain into the other gray tank. I think I'm okay with this setup for now. The bathroom sink draining into the black will be minimal and I hope the additional water will help keep my black tank cleaner. Now to ask Keystone for reimbursement for parts. Wish me luck.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:31 PM   #14
mgallaher

Front Grey Water Tank Plumbing

Koup: We must have had the same person plumb our coaches! Ours is going in this week to have the exact condition checked. I will let our tech know of what you learned and hopefully that will save troubleshooting effort.

Also will have the leveling system corrected. Not returning to starting point level when preparing to re-couple, but all other features work great. Might require a replacement control panel, which stinks, but everyone has been extremely helpful from Lippert Controls. The engineer at LCI told me that it is best to have the front jacks set at a "positive position" before starting the auto level sequence, which is nowhere in the operation literature. It need only be +.01 degrees.

This is a great coach and we have zero regrets in its purchase.
mgallaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #15
koup

Plumbing Update?

mgallaher---I am wondering what your dealer found regarding the plumbing. I haven't heard a thing from Keystone after submitting for reimbursement.
Old 06-28-2014, 01:45 PM   #16
EVMIII

We just got back from our second trip. No problems to report so far, everything is working as expected. After reading previous posts I did verify that my bathroom shower and sink drain to one grey tank and my kitchen sink to the other. Obviously one tank fills considerably faster (wife likes her hot showers).

We added a couple inch memory foam topper to the bed an it was definitely more comfortable.

One question for all, somehow the display on Lippert digital display has become off center. Everything still works, I just get half the words. It seems everything has moved to the left a couple digits. Didn't see anything in the manual. Still works and I can figure it out, but not like it should be. Any ideas.

Love my Alpine. Safe travels.

Bud
Old 08-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #17
Road-King

Quote:
Originally Posted by koup View Post
mgallaher---I am wondering what your dealer found regarding the plumbing. I haven't heard a thing from Keystone after submitting for reimbursement.
I know this is an old post, but I have an update on the plumbing from my in-laws that ordered their 2015 3010re. Apparently Keystone is now plumbing the washer and drier to one gray tank and the shower and kitchen sink to the other. I assume the bathroom sink is plumed to the black. At least this seems true in the 3010.

Who ever came up with this dumb idea doesn't know anything about camping or RVs.

It would also seem that the same dummy has decided to replace the sofa sleeper with a recliner sofa. That's fine if you only need one bed. This should be an option and not standard.

Again Keystone makes changes without telling anyone, including their dealers. Today with the Internet there is no excuse for poor communication or brochures that are not up to date. Shame on them for poor customer relations and no communication.
2008 FLHRC 105th
Old 04-08-2018, 11:38 AM   #18
ldsmith

We bought our 2016 Alpine 3600RL from Sullins RV. They were great to work with and have been there to help us through any questions or tweeks we have needed. Sullins RV had a grand opening at their new location just yesterday. Last summer they had a fire at their Branson location in which their building was a total loss. They have rebuilt and are now located in Harrison, Arkansas. Be sure to check them out if you are in the area.
ldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote