Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2018, 07:25 PM   #11
sourdough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiggle View Post
Thanks Sealyn. That does look good. We are going to try a mattress topper on our first trip this week and see how it goes.
I'll post pictures from there.... Harpers Ferry KOA. Trying to get somewhere a little warmer than here.
This is just my opinion. Mattress toppers are a temporary fix to me. RV mattresses suck. You have to find something that works like home. "Toppers are a stop gap at best", they are an improvement over the cheapo that came in the trailer but not "nice". Forget the topper, find a GOOD, quality, full size mattress that fits your trailer and be done with it. Tried 2 "toppers", no use to us.

sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 02:45 AM   #12
Smiggle

Stanimal, we had our first trip in it last week, and found that the mattress with a 1" topper worked for us, too. We'll check out that 3" from Costco, too.
We loved everything about the camper --- we enjoyed the 2013 Premier for 5 years, but this one is so much more comfortable.... the couch, the stove, the leveling system, the bathroom.

Smiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #13
Wyldfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanimal View Post
We have a 2015 Cougar and love it. The Sealy mattress that came with it is good but the DW and I both have bad hips and it wasn't great for us. We just added the gel/foam 3" topper from Costco and love it so much we are getting two more for other beds at home.
Same here. Love that topper.
Wyldfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 03:20 PM   #14
66joej

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
This is just my opinion. Mattress toppers are a temporary fix to me. RV mattresses suck. You have to find something that works like home. "Toppers are a stop gap at best", they are an improvement over the cheapo that came in the trailer but not "nice". Forget the topper, find a GOOD, quality, full size mattress that fits your trailer and be done with it. Tried 2 "toppers", no use to us.
Agree went through the same scenario with our TT. Just bought a good mattress. Simmons Beautyrest "bowling ball mattress". NICE!

66joej is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar