Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2019, 08:53 PM   #1
babaloo

Mysterious Shower Leak !

We have a mysterious , unfound leak in our 2018 Keystone Cougar 279 RKSWE 5th wheel. We love it, but it has had several problems. This one has happened twice. Once using RV Park water, and now, once dry camping, several months later. Water leaks out and drips from the inside top of the storage compartment door on drivers side, under shower. I've taken shower handle assembly off...not that...Iv'e removed small plastic panel on floor in front of shower to view drain..., no apparent leaks in drain or visable water lines, and dry
We have poured water down drain with no leaks, but with faucets on, it leaks
The weird thing is that it has happened 2 times and we've showered maybe a dozen times ! The outside leak comes with a puddle on the bathroom floor, outside the shower, but adjacent to it in the corner. Maybe a shower pan problem ?, but it's not visible / wet, looking under shower....Outside shower for time being, out here in the Arizona desert !..... .......HELP
babaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:19 AM   #2
Dblhack

We had a weird problem like that also. It happened a couple of times when we got our new TT and the dealer pressure tested it and found no problems. Hasn't happened again. I'm not sure we were really level the two times it happened and that was the cause or what. Since those experiences I have taken more care in leveling the trailer (I was a newbie and thought it was close enough).

2018 Keystone Hideout 177lhs (Ethel)
2015 F-150 V-8 (Fred)
Dblhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

When you say faucet on, do you mean water pressure to the faucet or only when you turn on the faucet handles?

If you mean with water pressure, then the cone washers at the faucet connections would be my first guess. If you mean when you turn the faucet on, I would suspect the faucet itself may have an internal crack.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 10:44 AM   #4
Carrottop

Another weird one is maybe the floor drain is leaking and will only present itself when weight is put on the pan. In an older unit I had it would not leak with my wife significantly lighter than me, but would leak when I showered. Something to look into.
2015 Nissan Armada 5.6
2021 Keystone Residence 40FLFT
Carrottop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak