Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #1
jlonginav

2018 Cougar 367FLS - Kitchen Slide

All, I purchased a 2018 Cougar 367FLS in Jan 2018. Since we've had it the Kitchen slide went out/in a bit jerky. Was told by dealer it was normal so we just did our best. Slide was adjusted once under warranty about 4 months after purchase. Beginning in Jan 2020 we found teeth breaking on the guide gears. First the from then the back ( Jan & Apr of 2020). Once again in Oct of 2020 it was in for a adjustment because and the owner of the repair shop I use found that the hole in the sidewall was actually not cut large enough. The seals were rubbing heavy on the TPO roof of the slide and that constant binding was resulting in the slide gettin constantly out of timing and then breaking teeth. Keystone has denied a warranty claim and I am pushing back on them and the extended warranty company I used. I may end up needing to go to arbitration to recoup my cost.

So if you have a 208 Cougar 367FLS or any other model and have been having consistent slide issues check the top of the slide. Mine looks like this. You can see how the TPO is being pushed out every time the slide is retracted
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2856.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	30548  

Tags
slide, cougar