Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2019, 07:56 AM   #341
flipazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15hideout27rbwe View Post
Finally replaced the pooched awning strip light!
I just did the same thing. Except I had to also replace the plastic track that the LED light goes into because it was all warped. It was a much harder job than I had anticipated. I had to remove the entire awning cover in order to slide out the old track and slide in the new one, which was not a very easy job! I'm super happy with the results though because the new LED strip (aftermarket from Amazon) is way brighter than the original one that came on the trailer. It also has a super thick gel like casing around the lights for improved waterproofing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6849.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	207.4 KB
ID:	21416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7035.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	157.7 KB
ID:	21417  

2014 Keystone Hideout 24BHWE
2015 F150 XLT 3.5L ecoboost
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Air Lift Ride Control Airbags
flipazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:19 AM   #342
CampNBrew2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipazn View Post
the new LED strip (aftermarket from Amazon) is way brighter than the original one that came on the trailer. It also has a super thick gel like casing around the lights for improved waterproofing.
Do you have a link to the one you used? I'm wanting to add a strip light, but even the "waterproof" LED strips just seem to have been dunked in very thin silicone. I'm liking that yours has a thick cover.
Thanks for any info!
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:29 AM   #343
cookinwitdiesel

I used this one in my passthrough which seemed very sufficiently weatherproofed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071WBSNHJ/

None of the pictures show it, but there is a thick rubber dome shaped covering going the full length of the strip.

Mated perfectly with the following:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FT4RBBM/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FT3BIXK/
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 AM   #344
flipazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
Do you have a link to the one you used? I'm wanting to add a strip light, but even the "waterproof" LED strips just seem to have been dunked in very thin silicone. I'm liking that yours has a thick cover.
Thanks for any info!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just a heads up that it was a REAL pain to get the strip into the plastic track. It is just a bit too thick (which is great for waterproofing). That being said, now that it is in it's not going anywhere! I just want you to be aware that it's definitely not plug and play, but it is doable. I also like the fact that it is warm white and not cool white.

However, if you are just planning on adding it to the side of your trailer under the awning and not using the OEM track, then this would be a perfect LED strip for that purpose. I also bought this 3m tape, but didn't have to use it because of how snug the strip was in the track.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 04-15-2019, 04:34 PM   #345
15hideout27rbwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazowie View Post
So my furnace had very little to no air flow so I took Aluminum tape and taped virtually every place where air escaped which as you can see is everywhere no wonder it didnt blow it was all coming out at the source.
Now I can actually feel it coming out at the far end bedroom.
I need to do this! I did the A/C ducting mod and definitly noticed an improvement. For sure need to check the furnace ducting as the flow is pretty poor.
15hideout27rbwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:36 PM   #346
15hideout27rbwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipazn View Post
I just did the same thing. Except I had to also replace the plastic track that the LED light goes into because it was all warped. It was a much harder job than I had anticipated. I had to remove the entire awning cover in order to slide out the old track and slide in the new one, which was not a very easy job! I'm super happy with the results though because the new LED strip (aftermarket from Amazon) is way brighter than the original one that came on the trailer. It also has a super thick gel like casing around the lights for improved waterproofing.
That looks good! Guess I'm lucky that all I had to do was slide the old strip out of the track and slide the new one in.
15hideout27rbwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM   #347
flipazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15hideout27rbwe View Post
That looks good! Guess I'm lucky that all I had to do was slide the old strip out of the track and slide the new one in.
Thanks. Yeah, it would have been a MUCH easier job if I didn't have to replace the track!

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 04-16-2019, 02:19 AM   #348
xrated

Before any of you make any comments on my little project, remember, I'm an Electrician by trade, not a carpenter/cabinet maker.....but this is going in a pantry and not really visible except when the pantry door is open. One of the pantries in our camper is quite large, but not very deep.....5 1/2", which doesn't allow for plate storage if you want to lay them flat. So this was my little contribution for the kitchen (normally Peggy's domain and do not interfere unless asked). Since there are just the two of us, we normally have only four plates, with a stash of paper plates in case of additional needs. Each section holds two of our square plates, for the total of four. The base is exactly 5 1/2" deep and fits on a shelf perfectly....so...here it is....

Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:31 AM   #349
CampNBrew2

Thanks Flipzan and Cookinwithdiesel!
I will need to find a track to put it in as there is nothing there now. Or for as cheap as they are just try it as is and seal the wiring/solder joints and see how water proof they really are.
2015 Honda CRF250L (Wifes)
Camping, home brewing, and dirt bikes!
CampNBrew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:05 AM   #350
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Before any of you make any comments on my little project, remember, I'm an Electrician by trade, not a carpenter/cabinet maker.....but this is going in a pantry and not really visible except when the pantry door is open. One of the pantries in our camper is quite large, but not very deep.....5 1/2", which doesn't allow for plate storage if you want to lay them flat. So this was my little contribution for the kitchen (normally Peggy's domain and do not interfere unless asked). Since there are just the two of us, we normally have only four plates, with a stash of paper plates in case of additional needs. Each section holds two of our square plates, for the total of four. The base is exactly 5 1/2" deep and fits on a shelf perfectly....so...here it is....

If it works as designed & the wife is happy with it, it's perfect!!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:19 AM   #351
flipazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampNBrew2 View Post
Thanks Flipzan and Cookinwithdiesel!
I will need to find a track to put it in as there is nothing there now. Or for as cheap as they are just try it as is and seal the wiring/solder joints and see how water proof they really are.
No Problem. I know lots of people just stick the LED strip on the side of the trailer underneath the awning which is probably better than nothing, but I can't imagine it being as effective a light source with the LEDs facing out vs. LEDs facing down.

Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 04-16-2019, 07:24 AM   #352
cookinwitdiesel

The adhesive backing on the one I posted is not exactly stellar. Ended up stapling the strip to an exposed wood beam in my pass through storage. Just a heads up.
(OLD) 2018 Keystone Hideout 28RKS Travel Trailer
cookinwitdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:36 PM   #353
djrob1943

Put a head of lettuce in the frig 😁
djrob1943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:17 PM   #354
KSH

Paid a lock smith $200 for 38 seconds of work since the wife decided to lock us out.
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 05:22 AM   #355
C130JSuperHerc

Name:	IMG_1752.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	21492
Installed drip pans on my Fuzion 369 after having to have the roofs replaced from oil dripping from the gear box

Pans were ordered from trekwood
C130JSuperHerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:03 AM   #356
lunge motorsport

So far...
Added a small Sea Flo expansion/storage tank in line after the water pump. This has definitely quieted the pump noise.
Sanitized the fresh water system.
Checked all tire pressures on trailer and TV.
Extended the awning and slides to check for abnormal operation.
Operational check of water heater and fridge .
Cleaned unit in prep for a weekend trip to a State park in the Ca. Wine country.

Livin large😎
Old 04-21-2019, 06:26 PM   #357
Snoking

We are getting ready to head North pretty soon and the weather is getting pretty warm here in Az. So I installed a 30amp RV outlet on the side of the park model so we can plug in the little guy Laredo and run the AC while we have it out front on the street for 4 or 5 days getting ready to leave. Chris
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190421_191159.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	316.6 KB
ID:	21504  
Old 04-22-2019, 06:36 PM   #358
KSH

Somebody on here had a great idea to put a pegboard in the pass through! I just did it, took an hour, brilliant! Click image for larger version

Name:	20190422_185009.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	21511
KSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:37 PM   #359
5J's

I installed my magnetic solar panel to keep my batteries up while in storage. I bought it from DuraVolt and was pleased with their customer service. The panel seems to be very well built.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 06:55 PM   #360
mikz86ta

The spring loaded baggage door catch that holds up the Generator door was corroded when we got this 2016 Fuzion in 2017. Original owner lived up north which could have helped that. So I bought a 2 pack new stainless steel one's which also have a rubber base gasket. Replaced the bad one...
Took the second one and decided to make use of it. The side access door for the wet bay has always pissed me off when doing work in there. Any slight wind and you get hit with it. I put the baggage catch on the side to fix that issue. So happy! Yea, screwed into the RV side but some silicone and it's not gonna leak.

Also took care of a few areas on the roof seal that we're starting to look suspect for future leak issue. Had no leaks this far and don't want any. A tube of Dicor Self-leveling and 15min up there....done!

Let the Generator get a good workout. Gonna try to run thru some fresh fuel this next weekend and add more Sta-Bil.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote