Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2018, 05:46 PM   #21
dmorgan64

During season usage... After emptying I squirt some dawn dish detergent and about a gallon of water. That is it. Last dump of the season I leave it (black tank) empty after a thorough rinse and clean! I do not use any other treatments!
dmorgan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:40 PM   #22
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
You can prevent this very easily, I always do, just put a sag in your sewer hose creating a P trap then no more odors.
Or you can leave the valve closed until tank is full and then dump!
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:09 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
In our trailer, that would work on all of the tanks except the galley tank. The valve for it, in Keystone's infinite wisdom, is under the slide, just aft of the rear axle. When set up for camping, the only way to access that valve is to crawl under the slide, negotiate the rear ram on the slide and then shinny under the trailer to reach the valve. While it's "OK" in some parks, to use the words from an old Ray Stephens song, unless you "crawl on your belly like a reptile", you ain't getting to that valve.

It's much easier to leave the galley valve open, use that "Chinese finger" hose holder to maintain the slope and let the end dangle and create a P trap to stop the gasses from migrating up the hose.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:54 AM   #24
Old Mustanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
In our trailer, that would work on all of the tanks except the galley tank. The valve for it, in Keystone's infinite wisdom, is under the slide, just aft of the rear axle. When set up for camping, the only way to access that valve is to crawl under the slide, negotiate the rear ram on the slide and then shinny under the trailer to reach the valve. While it's "OK" in some parks, to use the words from an old Ray Stephens song, unless you "crawl on your belly like a reptile", you ain't getting to that valve.

It's much easier to leave the galley valve open, use that "Chinese finger" hose holder to maintain the slope and let the end dangle and create a P trap to stop the gasses from migrating up the hose.
You sure have a good point John, I guess there are always circumstances that can make a difference on the best practices.
2019 Ford F350 SRW
Old Mustanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:46 AM   #25
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Mustanger View Post
We have a washing machine going into the bath grey tank along with the shower & lavatory, so I have 2 choices, #1 leave it open which is what I do or #2 go out & pull the handle daily, which ain't happenin'. When laying out your sewer hose it takes about a millisecond to drop a sag in it then leave the valve open. Now if your just laying the hose out like a big snake on the ground it's hard to leave sag in it.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:51 AM   #26
sonic2

Unique Digest-It and TankTanksRX Holding Tank Treatment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
I’ve been using TankTechsRV in our black tank for several years now and on their site it says their treatment can stay active in the tank indeninitely. It seems a little pricey at first, but once you are using it, the very small amount used each time makes a small bottle last a long time and in very hot conditions it still works without having to add more treatment.
Agree. We've used both of these products in the gray and black tanks; no smells and our sensors now work. Also, we use the wand a couple times a years to get all the tanks extra clean. View their web site and watch the video's http://tanktechsrx.com/ https://uniquemm.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Unique 413-1 RV Digest-It Holding Tank Treatment.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	18150   Click image for larger version

Name:	Valterra Tank Wand.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	18152  
Attached Images

Timbren & Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch
sonic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:42 AM   #27
{tpc}

We always put another packet in, with about 4 gallons of water, after the dumping is done. Since we have done that method, never had any issues with odors. Sometimes its only 2 gallons, but I kinda play that on the weather (to combat evaporation).

Tags
tank