Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2018, 07:13 AM   #1
RaptorJB

Main Slide Outs Bucking, Scooting

Need some help... I have a 2017 Raptor 425TS
I have this same problem...

"Camper Slide Out Fix"

Both the Sofa Slide and Kitchen Slide have the same symptoms, getting worse and worse as time goes on. Last night I did spay some INOX lube on the "wear bar" and that did help some but need more of a real fix.

Fix is to add rollers...
https://store.lci1.com/j-36-service-roller

Install doesn't look bad at all, has anyone else experience this issue yet?
I did look at the bedroom slide has it moves in and out real smooth, it has 3 rollers under it, but no rollers on Sofa nor Kitchen side.

Thanks all... JB
Curt Q24 5th Wheel Hitch Slider
RaptorJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM   #2
whcarr

Have the same problem with my 2017 keystone fuzion 371. Dealer install roller under the slides under warranty. This helped a bit bit still annoying and worrisome. Keystone says it's the dealers problem now, since he did the work! Even though they reccomend and paid for this update. Good luck. Bill
whcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
Brentw

Wish I would have picked up on this earlier. Stopped at dealers for slide adjustment. They tell me my slide wear bar is shot. It's not like we are running this slide in and out very often.
A little pissy about this.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
scottv92

I installed the rollers on my large slide and it works well. BUT, this was after replacing the floor due to water leaks when new and the floor is now marine or exterior type plywood. I would be concerned with the original particle board floor on the rollers if it ever got damp. The bedroom slide with the rollers has a different floor so I wondered if the large slide and flooring material would take the pressure of the rollers. I have seen new units at shows where the slides were wearing and tearing the material they stick over the particle board flooring.
scottv92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 08:04 AM   #5
Racebug

I did mine a month ago. great help!

2017 Fuzion 417
2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn
Racebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 11:23 AM   #6
RaptorJB

Well, over one year later and the "jerking" got so bad I had to do it. Finally got the nerves to get the rollers installed. I have the Raptor 425TS, sofa slide installed 4, and on the kitchen slide installed 5, and of course the small bed slide already had rollers (never had any issues with the bed room slide). Wow what a difference, nice and smooth and fingers crossed as we start camping this fall. I did just like the video but now looking for a new "bottom flap" to install so its sealed from the bugs were the "wear bar" was cut to fit the new rollers.
Curt Q24 5th Wheel Hitch Slider
RaptorJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 04:02 AM   #7
Laredo Tugger

We just returned home from a 7 week trip in the trailer. My slides are starting to show symptoms of wear bar fatigue. I have seen the video before but watch it with more interest each time.
I will make this a fall project to install the rollers on 2 of the 3 slides on my fifth wheel.
Doesn't look to difficult.
Thanks
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out