Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2014, 08:47 PM   #21
theeyres

What a nightmare! I can't imagine having to deal with it. Most of us have positive things to say about our Keystones but every so often something like this happens. I just can't believe they wouldn't send you a new rig just for PR's sake.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 03:37 AM   #22
notanlines

John, (Sad Camper), I believe only DWM doubted your story and he's more than likely just appalled at what you've written. I am surprised at the condition you describe, but am also a believer. If you follow this forum or others like it you will find that most manufacturers are not very receptive to the demands of the end user. Keystone falls into that category quite nicely. Most (not all) members write that Keystone simply refers them back to the selling dealer and wipes their hands of the problem. My opinion is a little different from Chuckster in that I wouldn't really care if it was settled to the satisfaction of Keystone. On behalf of all of us with "nose trouble" here, please keep us informed of your legal travels and the results.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 04:32 AM   #23
x96mnn

Wow, that some bad luck there and it does not surprise me that the issues are being sugar coated by Keystone. Although I loved my keystone products and my warranty issues, although minor were looked after no issues, there is not a camping forum where you will not go on and find the exact same issue but replace keystone with any of the other production lines.

Now that you have mentioned attorney to them, I do not think you will hear anything from them at all. That is most large companies standard operation procedures, lawyer mentioned, lock it down and do not respond. Keep in mind their lawyer is getting paid regardless of your court case so it is not going to cost them anymore. In the end they will have a document that once they meet the requirements they can wash their hands of it. Much easier making a court happy then a person happy.
2012 Sprinter 266
2014 RAM 6.7 Cummins Diesel
2015 Sandpiper 30IOK

All I care about is camping, maybe three people and beer!
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #24
Javi

Sorry for your problems and hope you get it all worked out to your satisfaction. Other than that I got nothing....
Old 12-24-2014, 05:35 AM   #25
ncgrl1

I would be soooo sick! I do hope Keystone gives you a new camper, and I hope things get better so you can have a Merry Christmas...
Old 12-24-2014, 05:59 AM   #26
Sad camper

Thank You All

Thanks everyone for your support. The reality is that I understand how they operate. In the end, they are going to pay my attorney fees. I don't care at this point how much this costs. They are going to be as inconvenienced as I am. It would be cheaper and easier to make this right up front for everyone. They clearly sold me a defective product. Indications are they are washing their hands. I don't care how much the attorney costs. They need to think about what their attorney fees and PR will cost. We live in a small town. Everyone is going to court for a very long time if I don't get a brand new RV or my money back. This is just a basically decent thing to do given the circumstances. It is what I would do. Especially if I claimed to be a customer focus leader in the RV community. This is not about the money any more.

John
Sad camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 06:18 AM   #27
GmaPaTime

I hear you "Sad camper" and yes, we are a small area even if we are self's are in Chesapeake. Although we do not deal with "TAC", we will warn our many friends of the problems you're encountering with them.

Wish you the best and hope your problems are resolved to your liking.
2015 Jayco 31UL MH
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29RLI
GmaPaTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 11:08 AM   #28
Sad camper

GmaPaTime Reply

GmaPaTime,

Thanks for your support!

All we can do is try to be reasonable and try to hold businesses accountable for ethical behavior. Of course at this point both the dealer and Keystone throw up in my face that things are different now that I have retained an attorney. My retention of an attorney was after months of no response, negotiation or customer contact from them. Now that has become their excuse like I have done something wrong or have complicated the situation. I am just trying to be made whole.

The moderator posted that he hoped it would be resolved to the satisfaction of both parties. I am confounded by that statement. The other parties have been compensated when I purchased the RV. The only person harmed financially and with the hassle and stress of this situation is the Lorentz family. Everyone else has been paid. I am stuck with a water damaged piece of junk.

I called the Keystone Customer Relations Manager who didn't have answers as everyone is out today including my attorney. We will see if they stand behind their product. TAC did not. I advised tem that TAC called and reported all authorized repairs were complete and I could come pick it up. Of course none of the water exposed interior was touched. Keystone did not seem pleased that TAC represented that Keystone was only willing to perform what has been done to date.

They are quickly running out of time to do the right thing. I am not a threatening person. I have just been screwed over by people that to date have not stood behind their terrible quality product.

Keystone never really engaged until they received a letter from my attorney.

V/R John
Old 12-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #29
chuckster57
Site Team

I posted as a member not as a moderator. I nor any other moderator has any affiliation with Keystone, I simply made that comment in hopes of a resolution that was acceptable to both.

My position as a moderator is at the will of the forum administration, we are not compensated in ANY fashion, and I will stand by my previous post-I do hope that this issue is resolved in an acceptable manner.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #30
bsmith0404

I'm glad you came to this forum to share your story. It is an interesting one at that, I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction. Please continue to keep us all updated.

Also, I understand that a few doubtful comments about you situation must have been disheartening and frustrating for you, please know that most of us did not doubt your situation was legit. Hope you will stay an active member of the forum, it really is a good group. Like any group we may not always see eye to eye, but it's all good in the end.

Good luck with your battle, hope it is resolved soon.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 04:32 PM   #31
EVMIII

I have been extremely lucky with my Alpine, but based on reading your woes I asked my dealer what they would do in this case and they replied they would take the camper back and fight Keystone. I'd leave with a new one, only costs would be if upgraded.

As previously mentioned, I think that quality control is hit and miss. An individual trying to deal with Keystone directly could be very difficult; your dealer should be if your advocate.

I ended up with a keystone because I liked the layout and features, but I selected my dealer before I chose my camper.

Best of luck with your efforts; you will never be compensated for your pain and suffering ( no camper) but hopefully you can get the/a camper and back on the road enjoying the great outdoors very soon. God Bless and safe travels.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #32
LittleJoe

Sorry to hear of your problems. This kind of thing should never happen in the first place if proper quality control is being adhered to.

Sadly the poor workmanship behind all the polish and fluff runs rampant in many many brands irregardless of the amounts of money involved. I have personally seen absolutely deplorable problems in 500K$ motorhomes .

In my mind, the only thing that will start to straighten some of this poor quality up will be when warranties are extended to 5yrs as they should be given the $ involved. Would anyone buy a new$50K truck if it had a one year warranty??

RANT OFF
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:34 AM   #33
Sad camper

Update

Following several back and forth exchanges between my attorney and Keystone, we filed a lawsuit for damages. We asked that Keystone take the unit back and repair to new condition and cover all of our expenses until the unit was returned. They did not respond thus we were left with no alternative.

V/R John
Old 06-30-2015, 07:51 AM   #34
BirchyBoy

Sorry for all of your troubles SadCamper. Hopefully you will come out whole in the end.
'15 Open Range 256BHS / '05 F350 CCLB RWD V10
'14 Keystone Passport 238ML / '13 GC Trailhawk Hemi
RIP Birch (pitbull)
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #35
notanlines

Sad Camper, thanks for keeping us apprised of your dilemma. I'm willing to bet that you catch more flies with a swatter than with honey!
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:34 PM   #36
mark1228

I know this won't be popular but after watching the video I don't see as much water as I was expecting. I have seen trailers flooded much worse than this be repaired and be fine, including one of mine that I hooked up to city water before the first time I used it and didn't know the bathroom sink faucet was open with the plug in the sink so it overflowed. I had a waterfall coming out of that unit before I found it. I dried it out and used for years. I do agree that it shouldn't happen in the first place. It's to bad it has come to this and I am hoping for a speedy resolution for all.
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disaster, leaks, quality, warranty