Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2019, 04:23 PM   #21
jimborokz

In the demo the dealer told me the rig had to be close to level for the level up system to work right. I'm thinkin' why have an auto level if you have to level it first? Anyway I get it home and my driveway has a pretty good slope to it so I give it a shot and it levels up with no problem. I have leveled with good results on sites that are 2-3 inches off side to side. The jacks rode pretty low and hit a couple times on driveway slopes so I raised the rears up a couple holes. I bought the Anderson magnetic jack blocks (just a tad expensive) to decrease the extension and keep the rig sturdier. Last week I was setting up and not thinking hit the auto level w/o putting the blocks on. To my surprise the rig leveled up ok even though the rear jacks were extended nearly all the way. I then manually raised the rear jacks, put the blocks on and releveled because I thought the rig would shake alot with the jacks extended so much.
Bottom line is the level up has worked flawlessly. Only issue has been a couple times when breaking camp that first step that moves the pin box back to where you unhitched the truck, I got a failure error. This was not a big problem as I just did everything manually. This happened twice and has not done it since.

I just love the level up system and would never buy a unit without it.
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:36 AM   #22
NotyetMHCowner

I made some 2"x12" blocks for under the jack feet. The rear I use 3 of them 12"x12" square and have a handle to pick them up with. I think it helps with movement in the trailer because the jacks are not extended as far and seem to not move a much when moving around inside the trailer. I have a single 2"x12" that I put under the front jacks, and pull the pin to extend the jack the majority of the way.

I believe our system is working properly, I just think its pretty crappy that it has to be close to level for auto level to work. Every time I have gotten the "out of stroke" message, I was no where near fully extending them. In fact sometimes only a few inches. From what I have read before, if one of them extends more than 2 inches more than another one, it gives that error. I wish it would just say "too unlevel" or something. I also wish it would let you just manually retract the jack instead of having to "hard stop" all of them every time this error happens.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:05 PM   #23
MarkEHansen

Do you have the Ground Control leveling system? I've received the "Out of Stroke" error on mine a few times and each time, I just retried the level program and it worked.

I don't know what you mean by "hard stop" all of them, but I've never had to do anything other than we I said above.
Old 02-14-2019, 08:20 AM   #24
NotyetMHCowner

Yes, I have the Lippert Ground Control 3.0 system. Each time it gives the error of "out of stroke" it will not stop alarming. Even putting it in manual will not operate that jack because it thinks its out of stoke. The suspect jack will only "budge" then stop each and every time. The message tells me to retract all jacks to reset and thats the only thing that works. Most of the time, if the jacks are not out at least 6 inches, then simply retracting them is not enough to reset it. I have to extend them (at least the other 3) then retract them all the way and all is good.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote