Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2011, 01:54 PM   #1
gkainz

Laredo 245RL Black Tank valve location

My black tank valve apparently leaks when closed, as I get a nice surprise when I take the dump pipe cap off (yep, I checked that the dump handle is fully closed). Can anyone tell me where the actual valve is located in relation to the pump pipe or the dump valve handle?

I haven't pulled the underbelly covering off yet, but I suppose that's required in order to get the the valve? I'm also thinking that disassembly of the valve is necessary for cleaning, which I assume something's lodged in the slot the knife blade goes into.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 02:11 PM   #2
captbru

Read this post on another forum, then at the end of the replies there's a link to an update to the orginal post. Maybe it will help.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...g/1/page/1.cfm
Old 10-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #3
gkainz

Thanks! I'll check that thread out. Don't know how I missed that, as I read RV.net regularly. I have been pretty busy, tho, so must have just missed it.

Edit ... well, that didn't lead anywhere that I wasn't already aware of. I need to get to the dump valve. Guess I'll call the dealer's service tech and see if they can tell me where the valve is located before I have to cut access holes into the underbelly.
gkainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

The black tank valve is at the street side of the black tank. You can find the black tank's location by following your toilet. The center (front to back) of the black tank should be directly under the 3" hole directly under the toilet. The tank runs side to side and the toilet is probably at one end of the tank. The dump valve should be on the same side (front or back) of the tank as the pull handle in your dump station.

As I don't have the same RV as you, I am not certain about the above information, but it should be pretty straight forward to locate the black tank and then follow it to the street side of the RV. the dump valve should be located within a couple of feet of the side of the tank.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote