Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
stormy2000

cougar 325SRX

Hello, We are new to the Keystone Forum,

My wife and I are looking at a 325SRX this weekend. We heard this model has been dis-continued. Does this affect in any way the warranty, or maintenance from Keystone and/or the dealer? or when the warranty runs-out, will it matter in regards to repairs or parts?

thank you

Bill and Jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Hello and welcome to the forum. In regards to your warranty questions, I would think that even though this particular model may be discontinued, any warranty that currently exists would still apply. The Keystone warranty is only for one year and when it runs out ----- well, it runs out! Any repairs or parts that might be needed after it has expired would be at your expense unless you can make a case with Keystone for an exemption. The one year warranty would apply to any RV regardless of whether it might be discontinued. Are you certain that this model will no longer be manufactured? Something else to confirm with Keystone.

I would confirm your questions with both the dealer and with Keystone if your deal hinges on what their answers will be.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
KanTC

Welcome to the forum Bill & Jodi,

It's not uncommon for RV manufacturers (industry-wide) to make changes and/or discontinue floor plans from one model year to the next. The Cougar '320' SRX was discontinued for 2011, although the 325SRX is still being shown for 2012.

That said, even if discontinued, it's unlikely that there would be issues with warranty, parts or repairs specific to a new 325SRX, since the entire Cougar line currently uses the same fabrics, furnishings, cabinetry, appliances, etc. Keystone also has other toy hauler models if there should be a problem in garage area.

As Festus2 said, ask the dealer & Keystone (or even call several Cougar dealers, toll free) about warranty parts/repairs for that model if that will help in your decision. There's lots of Cougar owners here, and at least a couple with the 325SRX.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
stormy2000

Thank you for you replies and advice, the dealer told us the 325SRX is being dis-continued but we had seen the floorplan on keystone site. We will make sure to talk with the dealer about warrant/repair issues regarding the unit.

Bill & Jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy2000 View Post
Thank you for you replies and advice, the dealer told us the 325SRX is being dis-continued but we had seen the floorplan on keystone site. We will make sure to talk with the dealer about warrant/repair issues regarding the unit.

Bill & Jodi
Owing a 325srx, I can tell you the functionality, layout and features I am extremely pleased with. As for warranty parts etc, like most companies there aren't custom parts. Stove, fridge, microwave, furnace, toilet, sinks, pump, tv, anything serviceable isnt made by cougar it's sourced. Cabinets, counch, tables, counter, that is all interchangeable. I have seen these all in different cougar units.. One year warranty will cover it, extended warranty will cover it too discontinued or not because the parts are other well known companies in the RV industry.

As for them discontinuing two thoughts come to mind. The had a 310srx, a 320srx and now a 325srx. Will they have a new srx, only they can say but history shows they run for a few years and move forward. If the srx is discontinued, I would say it's lack of education and salesmanship at dealers. It is a pretty attractive price, they likely do not make anywhere close to fuzion or raptor profit. It's not a poor design or poor versatility. I get more questions about "what's that door" then any RV I have owned. People are shocked at the layout. It's best hybrid of small 5th wheel toy hauler meets 5th wheel comfort. 27 feet of living space, and 10 feet of toy garage, spare room, mud room, you name it. Just came back from a trip finally was able to weigh it loaded, 9240lbs with no "toy" but stuffed to the gills with the normal stuff and more. Every tank basically full too.

So for weight, functionality, interior design, garage or multi room versatility, and price there isn't much to compare. If it's truly discontinued and you like everything about it get a better deal using that as your negotiation tool. Find out if there is a new srx coming, make your dealer call the rep and get a straight answer. That might make you decide to wait or get a great deal.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:12 PM   #6
smiller

I'll second everything said here, the 325SRX was the only unit that 'had it all' for us (wanted a separate-garage toyhauler but didn't want to go to a triple-axle behemoth.) Great floorplan, nice details, great price. If they're discontinuing it I'd be surprised and wonder what will be taking its place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxzd View Post
Owing a 325srx, I can tell you the functionality, layout and features I am extremely pleased with. As for warranty parts etc, like most companies there aren't custom parts. Stove, fridge, microwave, furnace, toilet, sinks, pump, tv, anything serviceable isnt made by cougar it's sourced. Cabinets, counch, tables, counter, that is all interchangeable. I have seen these all in different cougar units.. One year warranty will cover it, extended warranty will cover it too discontinued or not because the parts are other well known companies in the RV industry.

As for them discontinuing two thoughts come to mind. The had a 310srx, a 320srx and now a 325srx. Will they have a new srx, only they can say but history shows they run for a few years and move forward. If the srx is discontinued, I would say it's lack of education and salesmanship at dealers. It is a pretty attractive price, they likely do not make anywhere close to fuzion or raptor profit. It's not a poor design or poor versatility. I get more questions about "what's that door" then any RV I have owned. People are shocked at the layout. It's best hybrid of small 5th wheel toy hauler meets 5th wheel comfort. 27 feet of living space, and 10 feet of toy garage, spare room, mud room, you name it. Just came back from a trip finally was able to weigh it loaded, 9240lbs with no "toy" but stuffed to the gills with the normal stuff and more. Every tank basically full too.

So for weight, functionality, interior design, garage or multi room versatility, and price there isn't much to compare. If it's truly discontinued and you like everything about it get a better deal using that as your negotiation tool. Find out if there is a new srx coming, make your dealer call the rep and get a straight answer. That might make you decide to wait or get a great deal.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:38 AM   #7
jje1960

325srx

Yea, definitely ditto.... We are extremely happy with ours, just finished two weeks at Myrtle Beach with ours, have used it plenty since purchase last fall and can't really complain about anything, it's an awesome unit. Our golf cart rode nicely, frankly did not feel any difference with the cart inside on the last trip. We will be heading to Bristol for a week next month, can't wait. Outside shower, black flush, remote for slides, awning, landing gear..... everything is easy and nice to have. Finally, makes you feel nice with the endless train of people stopping to tell you how nice your unit looks! Considering there was like 900 other units in the park, that's pretty impressive.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 02:02 AM   #8
dave-g

I very happy with my 325srx. Its one of the few toy haulers that, according to my wife "does not look like a man cave".

After our 1st 10 day trip- with 4 adults 1- 11 year old I can not say enough about the room. For the family trip we put a futon in the garage with a small rug. worked great.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:19 AM   #9
dave-g

"Just came back from a trip finally was able to weigh it loaded, 9240lbs with no "toy" but stuffed to the gills with the normal stuff and more. Every tank basically full too."

I missed this the first time- That means is much lighter then the manufacture says- was it connected to your truck when you checked the weight?
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 AM   #10
smiller

9240 fully loaded and with all tanks full does sound improbably low. Manufacturer's shipping weight is 9440 and mine weighs around 9460 empty which jibes with the published spec. Maybe 9240 a typo, or maybe that is just the 'trailer axle' figure on the weight slip which doesn't include the pin weight on the truck and thus isn't really the total trailer weight.
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #11
Festus2
Site Team

dave-g:
As smiller indicated in his above post, the figure you quoted "9240 fully loaded and stuffed to the gills" is less than the manufacturer's dry shipping weight (according to the Keystone website) of the 325SRX.
Perhaps this figure refers to some other weight description on your weigh station printout?
Old 08-10-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
dave-g:
As smiller indicated in his above post, the figure you quoted "9240 fully loaded and stuffed to the gills" is less than the manufacturer's dry shipping weight (according to the Keystone website) of the 325SRX.
Perhaps this figure refers to some other weight description on your weigh station printout?
I was quoting "maxzd" I think he must have pulled the trailer on the scale and did not account for the pin weight.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
Old 05-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #13
jgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Yea, definitely ditto.... We are extremely happy with ours, just finished two weeks at Myrtle Beach with ours, have used it plenty since purchase last fall and can't really complain about anything, it's an awesome unit. Our golf cart rode nicely, frankly did not feel any difference with the cart inside on the last trip. We will be heading to Bristol for a week next month, can't wait. Outside shower, black flush, remote for slides, awning, landing gear..... everything is easy and nice to have. Finally, makes you feel nice with the endless train of people stopping to tell you how nice your unit looks! Considering there was like 900 other units in the park, that's pretty impressive.
What golf cart do you have? I cannot find one to fit in my 325 srx. Thanks
jgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #14
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilbert View Post
What golf cart do you have? I cannot find one to fit in my 325 srx. Thanks
My guess is they do not have a top on the cart. Surely it is wide enough to fit the cart.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
jgilbert

mine will not fit lenth wise. bumber to bumber. I have not found a cart that will?
Old 05-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #16
xaugievike

I can get my 95 EZGO in. It's tight, and I have to stay to the right side...but it goes in

A buddy and I started a blog, read it here:
https://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com
xaugievike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #17
labs4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgilbert View Post
mine will not fit lenth wise. bumber to bumber. I have not found a cart that will?
Is this a stock cart?? By what you are saying, I assume it is. If it is lifted, the front wheels are set forward about 4-5" and also has larger tires so that could be understandable.
Wow, that is unfortunate your cart will not go in there.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:31 AM   #18
jgilbert

Its a bummer but my 325 srx only has 89" of space and the shortest cart I can find from EZ-GO is 91". I may have to look for an older cart. I see someone posted that there 95'EZ-GO fits so I will try to locate one.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:55 PM   #19
tightline

We have a 2004 Club Car with rear seat it goes in our 325 . I do have to remove two bolts in the rear step an fold it up . It is not lifted just 10'' wheels an tires.
tightline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #20
LittleJoe

I hav e seen 2014 model year 325's advertised.

We also like our's for all the reasons stated, but I think you forgot the pinweight on the scales. With one bike in trailer and freshwater, I am right at or just over 12000lbs, and around 2500lbs pin weight. For the money and versitility of the design, I have not yet seen one I would prefer.
2014 FJR
2014 Jetta TDI
LittleJoe is offline   Reply With Quote