Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
Cathie&Al

Changed our minds in mid stream!

We put money down on a 28' Passport TT and then went looking for a truck to pull it. Thanks to all the advice on this board and with all the searching I did on the web, we decided to get a 3/4 ton Chevy Diesel with all the bells and whistles. During my research, I started hearing how happy people were with their 5th wheels. Today, we went back to the dealer and looked at possible 5th wheels. It didn't take much to convince us. We now have a down payment on a 279 rear living ssr. Somewhere I read to buy your 3rd rv first. So, we figure we have done this as we were first interested in a Casita, then went to the Passport TT, and now have the 5th wheel. We are not counting the popup we had years ago.
Cathie&Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #2
Handysam

LOL!!! Well you probably saved yourself a lot of time and money by buying the 5th wheel. Since 2005 we have owned a pop-up (used one season) 2 TT (One for 2 weeks) and last OCtober we bought a Cougar 327RES.

It seems once you are bitten by the camping bug you are constantly looking for the next unit.

Good Luck! wishing you many happy trips in your new camper!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #3
antiqfreq

Please re-visit us and let us know your purchase and your maiden voyage goes.

My DH and I started out with a 21 ft R-vision hybrid (one tent end on one end and a double bed with a bunk overhead at the other.) We had that unit for 4 years.

We pretty much always knew we'd get a fifth wheel because of so much room for the length of the RV that you get. We love our 291RLS that we have had sinceFeb 2007...

Get back to us - please !

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 02:12 AM   #4
dave-g

I'm new to a 5th wheel. Just got a cougar 325srx. Pulling with a 2011 f250 gas. I can not believe what I was missing.

I do not think I would EVER go back to a regular trailer. The stability and comfort while driving is amazing.
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:38 PM   #5
kjansen

You will enjoy the 5er and the truck is awesome. The pulling power of the Duramax is unbelievble.
kjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #6
Cathie&Al

Thanks for the supportive comments. We are still trying to find time to go work out all the details on our FW and figure out when we can take our maiden voyage. We booked our selves up this summer before we knew we were going to take this plunge. Off today for 3 days of golf with lady friends. Think my husband will go into Tulsa to work out some of the preliminary things while I am gone.
Cathie&Al is offline   Reply With Quote