Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2017, 08:41 AM   #1
twvette

Inverter sizing help please ...

Going to double up my power grid to put any issues to bed with having electric only residential fridge and doing mostly dry camping (no need to discuss this topic ... been there done that).

I will end up with 960W of solar and 660aH of batteries in the end. My charger needs upgraded to support charging the big battery bank so going to jump all in and do an all in one Magnum pure sine Charger/Converter/Inverter and thus have the entire rig on inverter power.

Am looking at the Magnum 2000 but debating if any reason I should go bigger? I honestly don't have a need to say run the microwave and coffee maker at same time and will likely even start the generator with microwave alone as this is what I am use to doing. However, its such an expensive upgrade anyways that going from the 2000 to a 3000 is not relatively much. I think I remember its not good to run an inverter near its maximum to extended its life so this is really the major factor in my considerations. I am basically asking if there is really any practical reason I will regret a 2000W inverter? I know, its kind of a loaded question ...
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #2
lonewolftx

Wink Considering this also. . .

I’ve been looking at the go power IC 2000 watt pure sine combined inverter, converter, & transfer switch as it handles the current 50 amp shower power / generator transfer switch setup currently. In my talks with them their 2000 should be enough and I can drop my 1000 inverter as well as current charger. I’ll have to rewire the frig into the grid given its isolated on the 1000 inverter now. I already have the portable 120 watt portable charger which I hookup thru the furrion port by the bat bay.

What battery setup are you planning on using and does it fit in the current battery bay? Are you considering litheom ion? My last step will be the roof panels once I get the bat’s and power management system in place.

We're not here for a LONG TIME, We're here for a GOOD TIME! HOOH!
2016 Fuzion Chrome 420 18.5k, '16 F350 DRW PSD CCLB, LKR Fx4, WH Platinum Tri, 4.1 LSD, MR, PullRite OE 25K 5th, High CT, EB Heater, Tailgate Step, Recon RL's, Air Lift System, TruXcedo Lopro, DZ TG Assist, KC Lights, Pop&Lock TG, Cable Lock
lonewolftx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #3
twvette

Realized the hybrid inverter I really want only comes in 3000 or 4000 watt so the decision was made for me

I think the 3000 is probably way overkill but I like the theory of not running much in its upper end so hopefully it holds up even longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolftx View Post
What battery setup are you planning on using and does it fit in the current battery bay? Are you considering litheom ion? My last step will be the roof panels once I get the bat’s and power management system in place.
I did look at lithium but its just too confusing to me, in early stage still it seems, and just so far over top on cost cant justify it yet for me but I did almost take the leap. Sure wish the technology would evolve a bit quicker as been watching it for years.

Best bet on batteries I found was Trojan J305H-AC in top battery tray for two but have to cut hole in basement to slide them in. Now I am adding two more in place of the plastic storage bin in basement in custom metal box welded in. Could just put them on basement floor and build box and run vent to exterior but I need all the basement I can get. i also noticed some dead space above generator that might be a ble to do a custom battery area but likely a lot of work.

I updated my original thread on dry camping with electric fridge with more details:
http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...t=27020&page=3
twvette is offline   Reply With Quote