Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
msp2jxr

Finally towed it home.. The New 326MKS

Picked up the new trailer Thursday evening and took it out on the maiden voyage this weekend. My wife and I love the trailer and all the room and counter tops. The MPG meter showed 11.00 on the dash when we got home. We are very pleased at how well it seems to pull. The only flaw we have found is the dealer installed a slide out awning and put an extra hole in the top of the trailer I am not to happy about. I don't think it is worth the hour drive for them to put a dab of caulk in the hole. Both my wife and I are surprised the bed room does not have a switch to turn on the lights. We find it inconvenient, we were spoiled with our last trailer having this feature. So I have our first mod to do. The wife took care of this by ordering a LED light with a motion sensor. I will take the old light off the ceiling and mount it in the driver side cargo compartment. My DW wants a fireplace but our TV cabinet is too small to allow for modifying for the electric fireplace. We saw the fireplace mod on the 327 and thought it looked great but we are very pleased with our 326 even if we can't have a fireplace.
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

I'm glad you enjoyed your first trip in your new trailer. Hope you have many years of good memories with it, Hank .... I wouldn't take it back for a dab of caulk either ... But I would let the dealer know I was unhappy about it.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:41 AM   #3
jerseyphil

That extra hole issue would make me mad, too. But, keep a positive attitude. Your new 326mks is gorgeous!! The layout is beautiful. And the slide in the bathroom is a nice touch.

Think I'll put a bedroom switch in my 318. Great idea!

Enjoy you new trailer.
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 04:15 AM   #4
slewis95407

msp2jxr

Have you given any thought to a portable fireplace. There is plenty of room infront of the entertainment center or along the kitchen counter next to the entertainment center.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #5
msp2jxr

I really enjoy this web site... It lets me know if I am cazy or if everyone feels like I do when somehing isn't as it should be.

I am looking at the options mentioned above to install the fireplace... I guess I just need to make the plunge invest the money and then make it work. I am not a real skilled craftmen when it comes to wood working. We really don't use the center Island to eat at so I was thinking about building a fireplace under the raised counter top portion. I believe they are about nine inches wide... I think I have some measuring to do...
2012 Cougar 326MKS (retired)
Mor-Ryde Pin Box
2015 Super Duty F350 6.7 4x4 King Ranch
2008 Super Duty F250 6.4 Diesel 4x4 Lariat (retired)
2005 Goldwing
msp2jxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:01 PM   #6
CdnSailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp2jxr View Post
Picked up the new trailer Thursday evening and took it out on the maiden voyage this weekend. My wife and I love the trailer and all the room and counter tops. The MPG meter showed 11.00 on the dash when we got home. We are very pleased at how well it seems to pull. The only flaw we have found is the dealer installed a slide out awning and put an extra hole in the top of the trailer I am not to happy about. I don't think it is worth the hour drive for them to put a dab of caulk in the hole. Both my wife and I are surprised the bed room does not have a switch to turn on the lights. We find it inconvenient, we were spoiled with our last trailer having this feature. So I have our first mod to do. The wife took care of this by ordering a LED light with a motion sensor. I will take the old light off the ceiling and mount it in the driver side cargo compartment. My DW wants a fireplace but our TV cabinet is too small to allow for modifying for the electric fireplace. We saw the fireplace mod on the 327 and thought it looked great but we are very pleased with our 326 even if we can't have a fireplace.
We have the 2010 326. We replaced all the plastic lights in the living room and kitchen with pot lights. Really looks more classy then the plastic crap.
As for the bedroom we have two lights on the ceiling that are switch lights.
Would be interesting to see how you installed your light that your DW bought you.
Our major problem is that our kitchen floor squeeks like an old house. We have had it repaired twice and now it is worse then ever. Will be talking to the dealership about more repairs.

2009 Chevrolet Silveraldo 2500HD Diesel Duramax 6.6 V-8 Crewcab
2010 Cougar 5th Wheel 326MKS
Shelties - Tanner, Ashley and Zoey
CdnSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 12:20 PM   #7
Houndie Dog

Congrats on your 326,
We just traded our 2011 326MKS but it was not because we didn't like the trailer......it was a great trailer and for the price was very comfortable. We decided to get a Montana, but during the time we owned the Cougar we were very happy with it..
Enjoy your new trailer....
Grant
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #8
LarryL

great trailer

Hi msp2jxr I am sure you will enjoy your 326MKS the dw and I just
got home from a 9 day trip 5/18 to 5/26 I though it was spring
this is in Calif at lake Almanor 3 days cold rain 2 days snow 1 day that
I could wear shorts.
trailer was great through all the diffrent weather.
I to want to put a fireplace in put a call into Smitty for measurements
I think it will fit might have to cut the frame at the bottom of the cabinet.
Larry