Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #21
mfifield01

Be very careful with any seal conditioner. Don't put any below the slide. I don't use it anymore, because of the bad experience I had with it. It caused a lot of friction when moving the slide in. I went to the baby powder method.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:30 AM   #22
BuxCamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
Yep... after capping off the washer line, my next move was to replace the silly single valve winterizing thingy with a three valve... no more blast of cold every time I turn the water off and on during a shower... [emoji144]
How does the single valve contribute to a blast of cold water in the shower? I'm not seeing the flow. My previous camper used three valves. I always found the water cold after turning it back on. I always assumed the water had just cooled off in the piping while sitting.

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #23
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandtra View Post
I just bought an almost new GT2670BH . And even after reading the manual , I have some questions . The tt is currently still winterized . Since I bought it used , I didn't have anyone to do a walk through and explain anything to me .

How do I know if the water heater has a bypass installed ?

Does the slide need dry lubed and seal conditioned ?

The holding tank panel shows 2 gray tanks on the panel , but I thought it only has one gray tank , but I can press the bottons on both and both read empty

Thank you for any help ,
Be VERY careful about what you put on the seals; I learned this the hard way. I took my trailer in for the "clean, lube and adjust" slide procedure at CW. They told me it was ready to pick up - I was leaving for FL the next morning. When I got there the trailer was sitting out front ready to hitch up. I told them I wanted to check the slides. Holy Cow! Both big slides jerked and stuck all the way in and out. It shook the trailer badly. I just looked at them and told them that wasn't going to work. They messed with it for a while but couldn't get it going so I took it anyway - I had to get ready to go.

The dealership had used some brand of slide lube they carry in the store to spray on the seals (they gave me a can but it's in the trailer....and the trailer is in the shop). Based on talks with BAL Accuslide I washed all the seals (and the underside of the slides) with hot water and Dawn. I let it dry then lowered the seal to spray Zep 45 on the wear bar. I took a cloth and rubbed the seal (barely any lube at all). Voila!! Both slides worked like they should.

When I left from the dealership the only solution they could think of at that moment was to pull both slides and replace the wear bar when I got back Removing the stuff they had sprayed on along with the new product seems to have fixed it.

All that to just emphasize that what you put on those seals can have a dramatic effect on slide operation. Going forward I'm going to wash down the seals and let them dry, spray the Zep inside on the wear bar and MAY use talc on the rubber seals; I'll see how well this holds up first.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #24
BuxCamper

BTW if you have two sewer connects then you have two holding tanks. My wife wondered why our Bullet 248RKS was 60 gallons gray when it's mates were all 30. Central bath and rear galley. Too far to plumb to one tank according to the factory rep so they put in two gray tanks.

-- Mark

I used a multi-billion dollar government satellite navigation system to look for a rubber chicken in a tree!

2017 Bullet 248RKS towed by a 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3L V8 W/ AFM
BuxCamper is offline   Reply With Quote