Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2016, 09:15 PM   #1
linux3

2 more newbie questions.

I'm just using a 2 foot level placed on the floor near the door to set level. Are the stick on outside levels worth it / work? Or is there a better way.

I bought a small portable gas grill (Char-Broil Portable) that uses the 16.4 OZ propane bottles.
It looks like the trailer's outside connector is some kind of snap fitting.
The small propane tanks are kinda cheap. Is it worth trying to find an adapter hose to run the little grill off my 2 main tanks or just keep a supply of the little ones? Cost and lack of portability of the hose vs. savings.

Linux3
Passport 195RB
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
B-O-B'03

Get your trailer level and apply the stick on ones, there work fine.

For the propane tanks, lots of thread on here about that, search around a little.

Here is one I posted Post Link

-Brian
Old 08-17-2016, 02:39 AM   #3
Laredo291OH

Get one of these, https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Hopkins/HM09715.html , it will even tell you which side of the camper to raise and how much. I have had them on both the current TT and the previous. They work great.
Laredo291OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:11 AM   #4
GaryWT

I use a 2 foot level at the door and it is quick enough and easy enough. The key to the stick ons is to be sure you are perfectly level before putting them on.

I have the quick connect for my stove and now connect my grill as well. Yes the one pound bottles are cheap and easy but I did not want to carry them around, it is easier to just carry the hose.

Good luck.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:33 AM   #5
Canonman

We started out by using one of these, https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Hopkins/HM09515.html, a 3 way level in the bottom of the fridge. Once we had the fridge level using the jacks, we installed the outside levels for convenience. You probably already know that if the fridge is level it works/cools better.
As for the propane bottles, we found that connecting to the trailer for fuel was often times limiting due to the length of hose. We now carry the 1# propane bottles in the same storage bin as the stove, along with our hose. We use what is convenient for the camp spot we are in.
Also, the 1# bottles are re-fillable. We've been doing this for a couple of years now. $.50 a bottle as opposed to $3.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_9800.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	11077  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:23 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

We use the 1# bottles. We have the quick connect hose but found that I did not like the limitations of the hose plus I don't like to cook close to the RV and make a mess. The bottles let me put my grill anywhere I like (by the picnic table etc.).

I use a level on the floor or my countertop. I tried the stick ons but they didn't like sticking and once they let go I had to clean up the "sticky" mess so didn't do it a 2nd time.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #7
Desert185

Stick on levels at the left front corner for us. A quick glance and it saves the trip in the door and back. They haven't fallen off, yet.

We use a long, QD hose without a regulator for the Weber Q. Saves the 1# bottles for the airplane camping and we don't run out in the middle of searing the perfect steak. To each, his own, I guess...
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:07 PM   #8
Bumala

My Laredo 23RB has an outdoor kitchen, with the BBQ mounted on the rear bumper, so it makes sense to use the house propane connection. The attached pic shows the setup.
I use a 2' carpenter level pressed to the side of the coach for leveling side to side, and I place it on the floor for adjusting fore-aft.
Bob.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1266.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	11084  
http:\\www.Bumala.com
Bumala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #9
linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumala View Post
I use a 2' carpenter level pressed to the side of the coach for leveling side to side, and I place it on the floor for adjusting fore-aft.
Bob.
The sides are square enough to level?
My wife could be watching the level and yell "Stop" when I've added enough. Interesting.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 02:08 AM   #10
notanlines

Linux, I don't really have an opinion on the propane tank issue. Just whatever works best for you. But I can tell you the stick on levels work just fine. When you level your trailer before you stick them on make sure all your doors open and close EXACTLY the way they should, only then should you go ahead and put them on.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #11
UsTwo

Do what ever feels right on your Levels, We had used the stick on ones, but after a couple years the glass either broke or they quit sticking.. got a 8 incher from Harbor Freight I now use just inside the door.. works just as good. Don't forget to level side to side before front to back.... I have a Table top propane grill, and carry a 5 gal barrel of propane in a milk crate. It has a 5 ft. hose I just screw in to the grill. In and out of the back of the grill in just a couple minutes..But I do carry a couple green bottles just in case. I have a cougar and got rid of the swing out grill and grill stand

Craig
Kathie
2013 Keystone Cougar
X-Lite 31 RKS
UsTwo is offline   Reply With Quote