Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2014, 06:00 PM   #1
jayref10

2014 Fuzion 331 Chrome Roof leak

I just purchased my new 2014 fuzion 331 chrome from my dealer this past April and am now touring the country this summer. Everything had been going great until today. I just got finished setting up in my campsite in San Antonio and putting the AC. After about an hour, I went up into the bedroom and noticed water pouring out of the light over the bed onto the bed soaking it! I immediately shut off the AC (which is right above the bed) and went up on the roof. I noticed where the condensation drips out of the AC onto the roof that the vinyl split (see pics). The water was going under the vinyl and right onto the plywood roof. The vinyl has all bubbled as a result of the water running under it. It must have saturated the wood enough to drip through and onto the roof inside the rv thus causing it to leak through the light. Thank God it's still under warranty but I'm really concerned about the damage it caused. Especially a major issue like this and it's not even 6 months old! I temporarily sealed the tears with gorilla tape until I can get to my parent's house in FLA hoping it will hold. I'm really disappointed with the quality of the roof, get poor design. I hope they can fix it quick so I can continue my vaca.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jayref10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
gilpinbrewer

I saw some one post this exact same thing in another forum. It was caused by the glue releasing on the roof and blowing up the rubber into the metal on that a/c unit. Seeing the ripple in the roof, it looks like the same thing. No doubt someone at the factory screwed up. I would try to get it fixed sooner than later as it will keep getting worse. Hopefully they will take care of you.
gilpinbrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

If you can get to any RV supply store, there is a product in wide tape format made for sealing tears in rubber roofs. It sticks REAL good, and should do the job until you can get it looked at.
Make sure to take And keep lots of pictures, once the repair tape is applied, it isn't coming back off without a real fight.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #4
jayref10

Thanks Chuck. I did take these pics before I put the tape on so my dealer could see the tears. I will look into that tape. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jayref10 is offline   Reply With Quote