Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #1
Al Sandoval

Angry Hook up to CG cable

Ok I did a search on this but can find answer
I have A Fuzion TH hookup to CG Cable change the main TV coax to the cable connected works Perfect
Turn antenna Booster off TV in BR program to cable and will not get channels
TV in garage also Program to cable get s some Chanel's not all
Spend Over 3 Hr messing with this can't not get it to work
On Antenna before all 3 Tvs will work find
So need some Ideas what to do
Al Sandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #2
hoffbrew

Not sure if I am reading this correctly... Main TV in living area works but bedroom and garage do not?
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #3
hankpage
Site Team

On some units there is a jumper cable behind the main tv that must be changed for CG cable or SAT to other tvs . The jumper is needed if you have three RF connectors on the wall. Hope this helps, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:07 PM   #4
MBD

Anytime I set up in a new place, I have to scroll through the menu and learn new channels. I have to do it on each tv I plan to watch.
MBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:11 PM   #5
Jim & DJ

That's what I must do too. Also, your TV remote may need to be set.
Look for DISPLAY on it.
Jim & DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 10:47 PM   #6
Al Sandoval

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffbrew View Post
Not sure if I am reading this correctly... Main TV in living area works but bedroom and garage do not?
Thats correct when no cable available all 3 Tvs wok perfect and same Chanel's
Hook up to CG cable and had to switch main tv to the other connector plate got two there works fine all Chanel available are there.
The bedroom tv I change it to the other box inside the cabinet turn the power booster off,Program remote. And it that's not work on any combination
TV in the Garage gets a couple of the Chanel's only one box available there.
The only thing the I see on both of this Tvs is the keeps saying analog Chanel's and no digital Chanel's available can that be the problem.
Al Sandoval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:48 PM   #7
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Sandoval View Post
Thats correct when no cable available all 3 Tvs wok perfect and same Chanel's
Hook up to CG cable and had to switch main tv to the other connector plate got two there works fine all Chanel available are there.
The bedroom tv I change it to the other box inside the cabinet turn the power booster off,Program remote. And it that's not work on any combination
TV in the Garage gets a couple of the Chanel's only one box available there.
The only thing the I see on both of this Tvs is the keeps saying analog Chanel's and no digital Chanel's available can that be the problem.
Not totally following you but I will take a shot at this: I assume we are referring to two modes of operation 1.) antenna and 2.)CG Cable

In mode 1. all TV's working fine each TV receiver picking up a signal through the antenna (Booster on). Signal feed from antenna sent to each connector plate located near each TV. In this mode of operation all four connector plates are connected together (one for each TV and one connector outside labeled CABLE)
In mode 2 (CG CABLE) you connect the CG cable to the outside connector again labeled CABLE and setup each TV for CABLE signal using each TV's remote, you should receive a cable signal to each of the three TV's. Please note that Booster has to be off in this mode of operation

Now there is another outside connector labeled satellite that when the CG cable is attached here the signal is only sent to a separate connector behind the main TV which is different than the one the main TV is connected to in modes 1 and 2.

From your description sounds like you connected the CG Cable to the outside satellite connector and not the Cable connector. You said you changed the main TV connector to the other connector which would have connected the Main TV to the Satellite connector outside. None of the other TV connectors are connected to this signal, therefore will not receive the CG Cable signal.

You said Bedroom TV got no signal but Garage TV got some channels?? These two TV connectors are electrically connected together and to the antenna at this point. Only thing I can figure the channels you are seeing are via the antenna and not stations from the CG Cable??

As stated above if you connect the CG cable feed to the outside CABLE connection should work fine, remember in this mode Booster is off.

With information at hand this is my two cents
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #8
abneynormal

hmm

mine is wired like this there is a sat cable that goes to the living room tv. there is a cable hookup that runs to the front bedroom and goes through the antenna booster then to a splitter to feed all the TV's (NOTE: the splitter should be in the hole where the booster/ cigarette plug is). if you are having problems I would check the booster and the splitter connections, knowing keystone somebody screwed up. yep I said it. good luck