Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #21
rough rider

Smile Lasted stereo update

The factory is saying if you are buying a 2013 toyhauler after October 2013 you will not have the touch screen radio. The touch screen unit has been replaced with a crap looking car head unit like Cyclone uses, yuk! To add insult to injury you now get a soundbar that replaces the otherwise speakers you use to get in the ceiling. I am still trying to find out if the garage and outside speakers are 12v, hopefully they are? Back to the main room, it looks like you will get the 46" tv, soundbar, and blueray dvd player, the downside is you either have to be on shorepower or generator running to use it. I am guessing the models with blanks where there should be a switch probably don't have speakers in the main cabin they probably have the sound bar. I will post as I find out more from Keystone, right now several changes are in the mix.
rough rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Rough Rider,

I'm not sure if you can even order a 2013 Fuzion right now. Keystone started producing 2014 models several months ago and any 2013's that are on the dealer's lot were manufactured before the changeover.

Your statement may well be true for 2014 models being produced at the current time, but any 2013 model would have been completed and shipped "months ago."

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #23
howdy
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by rough rider View Post
The factory is saying if you are buying a 2013 toyhauler after October 2013 you will not have the touch screen radio. The touch screen unit has been replaced with a crap looking car head unit like Cyclone uses, yuk! To add insult to injury you now get a soundbar that replaces the otherwise speakers you use to get in the ceiling. I am still trying to find out if the garage and outside speakers are 12v, hopefully they are? Back to the main room, it looks like you will get the 46" tv, soundbar, and blueray dvd player, the downside is you either have to be on shorepower or generator running to use it. I am guessing the models with blanks where there should be a switch probably don't have speakers in the main cabin they probably have the sound bar. I will post as I find out more from Keystone, right now several changes are in the mix.
Your info is a little late, but it is spot on. I bought my 342 exactly a year ago and it came as you describe with car head unit, soundbar, etc....
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #24
Cnc_hemi

Picked up my 2013 fuzion 310 in April and it has a car DVD/head unit as well. Did look at one in Texas that was a. 2013 and it had the touch screen.

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L
Cnc_hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #25
rough rider

You are right John I meant to put 2014 they have changed and are still changing some things in the 2014.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #26
rough rider

Factory Rep

It would be nice if all of us could somehow get the factory reps to monitor these forums an give us up to date information. What I'm finding more often than not is that the rep may not have the lastest information which leaves us in the dark. An example is a 2014 toy hauler that has changes to it depending on when you buy it yours may not be the same as someone else's. I am glad that they make changes just wish the website reflected this information. It is understandable that the dealership brochures are usually outdated, but that should not be the case with Keystone website. Anyway just my 2 cents.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Rough Rider,

To the best of my knowledge, nobody from Keystone monitors this site in any official capacity. I'm not even sure if anyone from the "front office" at Keystone is even a member. I've personally sent the customer service department several emails inviting them to join and/or to just monitor what goes on here so they have another "connection" with what customers are saying and wanting. So far, none have joined and I'd guess none have even looked at the site.

We did have one salesman join a few months back, he made several posts, but I haven't seen anything of him in recent months.

It's as if Keystone relies on their marketing polls to determine what to build, not on what customers say.

We do have a "disclaimer" at the bottom of every Keystone Forum webpage stating that we are not affiliated with or endorsed by Keystone RV Company.

It would be great if they would take an interest, but so far they haven't felt the need.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:01 PM   #28
rough rider

Well while we are waiting for our unit to be built I do talk to the toy hauler rep often, think I'm going to start encouraging him towards this forum. I may approach it by informing him of how Heartland engages their forum with many individuals from the factory to include techs. I believe if enough of us grind at them with this request we have a chance to get someone from the factory to get interested. It only makes sense to me that you would be interested in feed back from your customer base for future business; just a thought and it doesn't cost a cent to do it.
Old 11-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #29
cenders

Soundbar vs main speakers

I have to say I think the soundbar is a decent idea instead of the old setup that had a fancy head unit (ie; stereo) with speakers in the main trailer area. This will allow the kids to be inside watching a movie while the parents are outside listening to music on the outdoor speakers. The old system couldn't be separated like this.

I think (and have not confirmed this) that the soundbar and sub is also hooked to the car stereo and can be used providing you have shore power or running the generator.

A 12v subwoofer and amp could be easily added, and I think I'll put one in the storage compartment.
cenders is offline   Reply With Quote