Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #1
Ruthunter

Fuel station troubleshooting

Ok guys recently my pump for my fuel station quit working. I took a digital meter and I'm getting 9vdc without generator running and 10vdc with gen on. I replaced the batteries and I'm still getting the same voltage. My question is does the pump have to have 12v minimum to run? Anybody have any idea what the problem could be?
Ruthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
abneynormal

use it regularly

mine quit working du to the fact that I hadn't used it in nearly a year. the gas in the pump impellers/ gears dried up and gummed the works up. I unbolted the pump so I could get to the top. I would make sure the 12volt power is off and un hook and plug the gas supply line. remove the top 5-6 7/16 bolts NOTE it has a o ring for the seal. remove and clean the gears carb cleaner is fine. now with the gears removed try the motor in the pump. if it turns put it back and you should be good to go. I periodically pump gas back into the rv tank to circulate it, also is handy when adding stabilizer
abneynormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Aklak

The gears are likely swollen. This has been a common problem with GPI pumps for sure, maybe others. 2 options, the company makes a replacement gear kit or some just take the pump apart and do a little sanding. With mine, it actually burned the pump out and GPI replaced it. Hope this helps.
Aklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
rnkburg

Although this is not the same issue I thought I would post here sense the title is fuel station. On my 2012 raptor 300mp after I put fuel in the tank. During the night it sounded like a bomb went off. It continued to do this and I would have to release pressure off the cap. The dealer tried a new cap, checked vent lines and it continued. Finally they dropped the tank to find out they didn't remove the vent plug for shipping when installing. Removed that and all is well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote