Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
Loriv247
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 67
Considering buying a Waverunner, will it fit?

Hi There,

Considering buying a Waverunner or two. I want to put it in our TH, but the question is, will it/they fit in my 12ft garage and how am I going to load and unload them? Anyone ever done this or seen someone else's setup? I have heard of installing a harbor freight 12 volt winch in the TH and using that to pull up the them up and lower them down. I'm just wondering if that will put too much stress on the floor? My only other option is for my husband and I to drive separate with me towing the skis and he the TH. Just hunting for creative solutions
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 DRW
2013 Fuzion 342
Loriv247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
BeaverRZR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 114
We have put a single PWC trailer in a 12ft garage before. We strapped a small electric winch to one of the front tiedowns and winched the trailer up in. Worked great.
If your PWC trailer is less than 12ft you should be fine
__________________

__________________
2013 Fuzion 342 Monster Edition
BeaverRZR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:02 PM   #3
Loriv247
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverRZR View Post
We have put a single PWC trailer in a 12ft garage before. We strapped a small electric winch to one of the front tiedowns and winched the trailer up in. Worked great.
If your PWC trailer is less than 12ft you should be fine
Sweet! Good to hear. Thanks for feedback!
__________________
2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 DRW
2013 Fuzion 342
Loriv247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
howdy
Permanent User Ban
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriv247 View Post
Hi There,

Considering buying a Waverunner or two. I want to put it in our TH, but the question is, will it/they fit in my 12ft garage and how am I going to load and unload them?
One thing to remember with the 342 is that the garage isn't 12' all the way across. Part of the garage where the pantry comes in and the cabinets are mounted is only a bit over 10.5 feet. So when you measure make sure the longest part is not going to be wider than that section of the garage that is actually 12'.
howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #5
SAD
Permanent User Ban
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriv247 View Post
Hi There,

Considering buying a Waverunner or two. I want to put it in our TH, but the question is, will it/they fit in my 12ft garage ...
Two will probably NOT fit in your garage.... Depending on age of ski (presuming new), they are too wide.

My two, on my 2-ski trailer, are nearly the full 102" wide. 48" each is 96" and they do not touch of course.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #6
Loriv247
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
One thing to remember with the 342 is that the garage isn't 12' all the way across. Part of the garage where the pantry comes in and the cabinets are mounted is only a bit over 10.5 feet. So when you measure make sure the longest part is not going to be wider than that section of the garage that is actually 12'.
Good point. I didn't think about the cabinets. I may have to have my buddy who is a metal fabricator make me a custom trailer where the skis are staggered. Hmmm
__________________
2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 DRW
2013 Fuzion 342
Loriv247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
Loriv247
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
Two will probably NOT fit in your garage.... Depending on age of ski (presuming new), they are too wide.

My two, on my 2-ski trailer, are nearly the full 102" wide. 48" each is 96" and they do not touch of course.
As I typed my last response a sudden idea popped in my head. Since we will only be riding the skis at the same location every summer, perhaps I can just store them in AZ and once camped and unhitched, we can go pick em' up! Problem solved. Thanks for the response!
__________________
2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 DRW
2013 Fuzion 342
Loriv247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:52 PM   #8
SAD
Permanent User Ban
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Posts: 1,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriv247 View Post
As I typed my last response a sudden idea popped in my head. Since we will only be riding the skis at the same location every summer, perhaps I can just store them in AZ and once camped and unhitched, we can go pick em' up! Problem solved. Thanks for the response!
I don't know about your tow rig capabilities, but I have pulled my two skis tandem behind my fifth wheel for quite some time with excellent results. It's not for everyone, but worth researching.
SAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
Loriv247
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD View Post
I don't know about your tow rig capabilities, but I have pulled my two skis tandem behind my fifth wheel for quite some time with excellent results. It's not for everyone, but worth researching.
I wish that were legal in my state of CA, but sadly not
__________________
2012 Ram Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 DRW
2013 Fuzion 342
Loriv247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #10
howdy
Permanent User Ban
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriv247 View Post
I wish that were legal in my state of CA, but sadly not
You can double tow in CA. The trick is you have to stay under 65' total length and possess the correct license.
__________________

howdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This forum is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV Company or its related companies in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company.