Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
40 Acres

I think you will be very impressed with your 342. We've had ours out a couple times now and it just pleases us more and more. We moved up from a lower priced Keystone bunkhouse/outside kitchen 5er and I don't even look back at this point. Our previous unit was almost flawless, so as long as this one treats us the same I expect many excellent adventures with it. We had considered a 322, but waiting payed dividends when we saw the 342. I wanted to stay with my SRW one ton and didn't want to deal with a 40+ foot tri axle. The 342 seems to be the perfect intermediate sized hauler in my eyes. We carry two motorcycles and also have a younger daughter. The loft is an important asset for us that the smaller/older floorplans didn't offer unless you went BIG. If we need to keep the bikes loaded we can and our daughter still has a bed without breaking down the sofa. When the bikes are out she has a bunk house that's much larger than the one she had before.

Other random thoughts on this model....wife loves counter/cabinet space: tons of room and the pantry is pretty sufficient too. Once you get the hang of playing with all the audio remotes etc. the sound system is pretty darn good. The wireless sub works well and if you keep the storage compartment door open it even complements the exterior speakers quite nicely. 6 way leveling IS the holy grail, lol. It really is that awesome in my opinion. Close 2nd might be the LED awnings. Amazing how well they light up the side of the rig and your awning area with NO setup. Fit and finish on my unit has been excellent so far. Really pleased at how well everything seems put together. Need more trips though to shake it down thoroughly. Get an adjustable duct for the heat vent in the bathroom. This rig suffers from the bathroom sauna effect due to furnace placement.

Lastly, congrats and enjoy your new rig!

40 Acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #12
Retired CSIGuy

Wink Don't be afraid

Our 383 came with. If the dealer says they are extra, tell the dealer to throw them in or walk away. No reason they can't throw in a couple cheap stools when you are spending that kind of money. Don't be afraid to tell these dealers how the cow ate the cabbage. I got my 16klb hitch thrown in, and a $3k extended warr thrown in, AFTER we'd settled on a price. I worked dealers in several states against each other and got a smokin' deal. Had to go to Missouri to pick it up but it was way worth it and we just made an RV vacation out of it.

Yamaha RSV-S
Retired CSIGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
Loriv247

We love our 342!! Congrats!! One thing I wish it had was a stove cover like the raptor 310, but that's minor
Old 05-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #14
dogger

We have found that there is lots of counter space, so we don't miss having the stove cover.
dogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
Loriv247

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogger View Post
We have found that there is lots of counter space, so we don't miss having the stove cover.
Very true! This rig has the most counter space out of all the units we have ever rented/borrowed