Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
Lrat4

Access to furnace

I have a 2016 fuzion 325 and the furnace would not light this past weekend. The fan would come on and I could hear the furnace try to light by hearing the clicking noise. To trouble shoot it further, I need to get access to the furnace. I do not have an access panel on the exterior of the trailer so I'm assuming I need to remove the panel that has the Jenson in command system on it in the front storage compartment. Could someone smarter than me let me know if I'm on the right track.
Lrat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 06:28 PM   #2
talk2cpu

Sounds like there may be air in the gas line, or the gas is not getting there for some reason. Check gas, does the range light?
Old 10-30-2017, 06:48 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Your on the right track if the furnace is located behind the rear wall of the basement.

How many times have you “cycled” the furnace? As stated above, make sure another LP device lights to verify gas in the lines.

If it’s clicking, then I would look at the gas valve, and if you didn’t have insect screens on the outside ports, then the burner assembly is suspect.

When it’s clicking do you smell any propane?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:00 PM   #4
Lrat4

I have check the gas. The stove lights and the fridge will run on gas. I do have an insect screen on. While hearing the clicking I can smell gas coming from the exhaust port.

What do you mean by "cycling" the furnace?
Old 11-03-2017, 07:34 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrat4 View Post
I have check the gas. The stove lights and the fridge will run on gas. I do have an insect screen on. While hearing the clicking I can smell gas coming from the exhaust port.

What do you mean by "cycling" the furnace?

If your smelling LP from the exhaust port and your hearing the clicking, problem is most Likely the igniter since you said it has insect screens.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:03 AM   #6
Lrat4

That's what I was thinking. I will have to figure out how to get to the furnace.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
texas-traveler

I have seen a similar problem on another rv (deluxe mobile suite). His stove top burners worked fine but the hw tank would not light. Ignition sparked but would not light. Result was a bad lp regulator at the tanks. changed regulator and problem solved.

with the furnace an inadequate low gas pressure will not light due to improper gas volume and air ratio.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:45 PM   #8
Brentw

Access the furnace thru the pass thru, the false wall is not that secure, half dozen screws or so.
2008 Goldwing
Brentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:12 PM   #9
Lrat4

thanks for the replies. when it warms up some, I will have to start on the furnace.

Tags
furnace