Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2017, 11:08 AM   #1
RyanAycock

Delamination in new Keystone

Hey everyone! I am new to these forums, but was curious to see if anyone here was having any delamination issues. I have a Keystone passport that is new and used for one season. (about 14 mos old) and am having delamination issues on the front. It looks terrible. I contacted Keystone after not getting very much help from the dealer. Keystone has a good opportunity to have a customer for life with the right help!

Thanks

Ryan
RyanAycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:27 AM   #2
heiserk0410

That's got to make you sick to your stomach. I sure hope Keystone steps up to the plate and makes it right. Good luck!
heiserk0410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You may get lucky with Keystone, but I wouldn't hold your breath.... It's easy to turn blue with them....

If you've got any pictures, post them, that would give the membership an opportunity to see exactly what your problem is and give you some advice based on what they have seen or experienced.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

to The Forum From Western PA

Sorry to hear about the delamination issue with your rig, as stated before, pictures may help us see what you exactly you are talking about. Unfortunately if your dealer will not support you it makes it much harder working with Keystone .

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #5
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Hope you get it worked out. Pictures would help.

2016 Passport GT 2810BHS, 2016 F350 CC DRW
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:40 PM   #6
theeyres

Keystone, or most of the big guys, rarely will get involved with individual owners. There is just way too many owners to work with on that level. You really have to have your dealer go to bat for you. Start working your way up the ladder. If the service rep doesn't help go over his/her head and ask for his/her supervisior. If that doesn't work, insist on talking to the owner. Don't take no for an answer. That's the only way you are going to get help. Be polite but insistent.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #7
dcg9381

Agree. I'd start with an appraisal by the dealer indicating a cause (or none) for the delamination. If you've got a history of roof inspection / dealer inspection, that might be very useful in this case. Document the above. Have the dealer reach out to Keystone.

To get Keystone to engage, I think you'll need something that says this problem started BEFORE the warranty was up. At 14 months, I know what Keystone is going to say otherwise.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:34 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

To add to dcg9381's comments, Keystone has a long history of blaming water damage on "owner failure to maintain roofing systems" and "failure to inspect and properly maintain all roof sealant". So, if you have documentation of commercial (dealer) inspections of the roof, receipts for tubes of DICOR or other sealant, a log book with all your maintenance/inspection records that you keep for your trailer, or any other documentation, photos, inspection records for your trailer, be sure to provide them to your dealership.

If you have nothing but the original bill of sale/registration/title for your travel trailer and approach your dealer with a problem like this after the warranty has expired, you can be pretty well assured that Keystone is going to deny the claim. I wouldn't suggest you "fabricate" records, but if you do have anything documented, make certain it is a part of the original report to Keystone. Anything added "after the fact" will gain extra scrutiny and is likely to be denied.

Good Luck.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #9
TheRealMacGyver

I have a thread under warranty, which I need to update, but basically I learned that their warranty is about as solid as a leaking boat! I ended up fixing mine and will never buy anything from them again, or recommend them to anyone! I am finding other quality issues as well. Good luck. And keep an eye on it because once it starts leaking the damage gets pretty expensive!
TheRealMacGyver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone