Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2016, 06:16 AM   #1
wbdvt

shower drain opening too high

Hello,
This is in a 2014 Cougar XLite 21RBS but is not specific to the model, I suspect.

The problem is that the shower tub does not drain fully but leaves a good amount of water in the shower. My observation is that the shower drain appears to be the high spot instead of the low spot in the shower tub.

I suspect that the drain pipe is too long and is pushing the shower drain up. I intend to look into this weekend but am wondering if others have experienced this and what they did to remedy.

Thanks in advance
2014 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS
His & Hers 2016 Vespa Sprint 150's
wbdvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:30 PM   #2
Justvisiting2day

Shower drain

OH yeah, and make sure when you are in the under there, to shore up the tub it's self. We live in our Passport about 7 months a year, the tub cracked right around the drain . Now have a floor problem I used sturdy foam packing under and the built it as crappy ,, (insert) other words here.
After a 700.00 shipping bill to get a new tub sent to Cal from Indiana. including the price of the tub
Then it took me a whole 15 hours to remove and replace the whole shooting match.
THERE IS NO PATCHING of this tub.
Good luck.
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

15 hrs is about right. IIRC the last tub I replaced under warranty paid 16 hrs. I believe I managed it in 9.5.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 06:50 PM   #4
GaryWT

The only time I have had water in the tub is if I do not level it correctly. Do you have the drain under the faucet or at the middle edge.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:04 PM   #5
ROLIN JOSEPH

We have a 2013 21RBS and yes, we always get some water in the pan that will not drain even when we are very level.
We keep a window squeegee hanging in the shower for sweeping the water down the drain.

On a more somber note, the 21RBS has a design flaw that necessitates the manufacturer to 'cut up' one side of the shower pan before installing it so that it can accommodate the plumbing from the sink cabinet. That solves their problem but compromises the structural integrity of the pan. IT WILL CRACK completely if you do not support it from the underside while it is still new.
I have spent many hours attempting to prop it up with several adjustable pods but am still not satisfied that it will not crack.
I am reluctant to use expanding foam because I don't wish to make the drain inaccessible, but I might do it anyway because it still feels springy when we stand in it.
As 'justvisiting2day' said, ...expensive...and a whole lot of work!

2007 Chevy Classic 2500HD D/A
2013 Cougar X-Lite 21RBS
ROLIN JOSEPH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, shower