Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2015, 05:32 AM   #1
JoMich

Bullet Ultra Lite Sway issues

Took our new Bullet 30' with one slide out camping for the first time and had issues with side-to-side swaying. Tried blocks under the stabilizers and it did not improve. Has anyone found a fix for this?
JoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:17 AM   #2
GaryWT

No sway on the road, just shaking at the campsite? This is normal and they have about a dozen different things you can do to help from chaulking to extra jacks etc. Look on line at trailer stablizers.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #3
theeyres

GaryWT is right. Almost all trailers will sway and move around if only the four stabilizers are used. The lighter the trailer the more prone it is to this. Many of us, myself included, just get used to it, much like boaters get used to their boat moving when they walk around. But if you don't like it, there are many versions of stabilizers that can be installed. Just do a search on this forum or the internet. Many seem to like JT Stabilizers--but I don't use them, so can't vouch for any specific brand.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #4
wesaysoracing

I have a set of waynes stabilizers and they still work great
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 10:18 AM   #5
B-O-B'03

I added steadyfast stabilizers to my bullet, they made an amazing difference in the amount of movement.

www.steadyfast.com/

-Brian
Old 07-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
audio1der

I use a racheting cargo strap around each wheel/chock set to keep those chocks TIGHT against the wheels.
I made my own Steadyfast-style stabilizers for under $100. I still plan to use jacks under the frame between the wheels or just ahead of the front wheels to reduce up and down movement. Every mod helps.
2012 Ram 1500 Sport crew cab, Hemi, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, factory brake controller, S&B CAI w/scoop, Moroso air/oil can, 87mm ported/polished/knife-edged throttle body, Magnaflow exhaust, 180* t-stat, Rear lowered 2", Airlift 1000.
audio1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:24 AM   #7
Shadowcats

We have a little movement with our big 310BHS, but not so much as to be bothersome. I always make sure the levelers are snug and the chocks tight. Like has already been said, I guess some of us just get use to a little movement. I have thought about adding another set of jacks, but that is on the back burner.