Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #41
suddensam

Quote:
Originally Posted by suddensam View Post
Thanks for sharing, I'll have to check for that setting in the Sony stereo that is in my 2015 Raptor 332TS. I also have to have both the volume on the sound bar and stereo very high to hear anything reasonable out of the sound bar. One other thing I found is that the "red" RCA conductor on the cable was bad between the back of the stereo and sound bar. I switched out a different cable and at least get both L and R channels but it still requires the volume to be turned up to near max on the sound bar and 20+ on the stereo. 20+ on the stereo is pretty load on the outside and garage speakers.
I did not find any settings within the head unit or sound bar that seemed to help in my situation. I ended up installing a pre-amp between the Sony stereo and the Aux in of the sound bar. The sound is much better and volume levels can be set so it is balanced across the other speakers as well.

The preamp I used isn't designed for this but it seems to work and the sound produced seems good to me. Behringer Microphono PP400. It came with a basic 12Vdc wall wart but I wanted to be able to easily switch it on only when needed. To do this I pulled 12V from the REM output of the Sony head unit. I also ran this through a switch so I can keep the preamp off if I'm running solely on battery and still want to use the outside speakers. I ended up re-purposing the black tank1-2 switch for the task.

The original plan was to install another switch on the panel next to the black tank switch but thought why go to the trouble of cutting a new hole when there is a perfectly good switch already there that really isn't being used since I only have one tank. I used adhesive backed velcro to attach the preamp to the wall behind the stereo and control panel.

This last picture is of the auxiliary input jack that came from the factory. It obviously was damaged somewhere in its short life.

As I mentioned above this preamp isn't designed for this application but the end result for me seems good. The overall sound is far improved. especially the bass output from the sub woofer, it is now obvious that it is hooked up and working.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BackofPanel.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	8992   Click image for larger version

Name:	PreAmpInstall.JPG
Views:	446
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	8993   Click image for larger version

Name:	BrokenAuxInPlug.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	8994  
Old 07-06-2015, 02:38 PM   #42
hoffbrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidooxman View Post
Picked up my 2016 Fuzion Chrome 345, and someone forgot to plug in the sub. I unscrewed the storage compartment wall (6screws) and there it was , strapped to the floor unplugged. In order to plug it in, the electric fireplace needs to be removed. Real quick process but I would check yours if it's not thumping. All sound bars have a wireless sub. Thanks!
My brother just picked up a 2016 345, it was in same place, unplugged as well but the fireplace outlet was 1 foot away, I guess thats why Keystone didnt plug it in!!!
2009 Club Car Golf Cart
2020 Ram 3500 Dually
(Reserved for new trailer)
hoffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote