Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #1
adobronut

Delamination on new 2014 Fuzion 371

Hi there everyone
New to the forum and just traded my well used and enjoyed Octane T26Y for a new 2014 Fuzion 371 still on a lot. This has been through a winter at the dealer now and just getting it home I have noticed the gel coat is popping off in a few spots along the back of the trailer by the ramp door on both sides.

Has anyone else run into this issue with their Fuzions and how well has Keystone guaranteed the issue beings this may happen year after year.
adobronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 05:20 AM   #2
pmcmath

Haven't had this problem myself on my 371. I will say though my dealer has stood behind the few small issues that I have had so far. Overall very pleased with mine and its capabilities. My only current problem is figuring out the garage lighting as it is very dim when the top bunk is up. Good luck solving your issue though. Sounds like a dealer fix.
pmcmath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
gilpinbrewer

Same here, no problems yet. Do you have any pictures showing this delamination? Sounds like the dealer may have not kept up with the caulking while on the lot.

pmcmath, same here, need some better lighting in the back when the door is up. Still looking at solutions.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:46 AM   #4
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilpinbrewer View Post

pmcmath, same here, need some better lighting in the back when the door is up. Still looking at solutions.
We installed some battery operated puck lighting on the bottom of the top bunk, so at night we could be back there playing cards or whatever. Also installed some very bright LEDs if the 4 ceiling lights. Helps a bit, but the closer you get to the ramp door the darker it gets.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 08:43 AM   #5
Ken / Claudia

I am not sure how gel coat would pop off but, with that said sounds like there is something wrong. Here in Or and Wa USA I have purchased several items that sat on the dealers lot over a model year and the sales contract says factory warranty started at the date of purchase, not when it was made. Check and see or phone the dealer and have them fix it under the warranty. The clock is running do not wait til the 11th month if you see a problem now if just purchased.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #6
adobronut

Thanks. Yes I got on the dealers tail right away with pics and everything. It is like moisture got into the gel oat and then froze the moisture and popped the gel oat off in little circles.. Nothing said or done yet but definitely documented with the dealer. Figures I got the only one with this issue.. Ha ha
adobronut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #7
Ken / Claudia

Sounds like your on the right track. If you have not done so, consider having a file on your trailer and keep a copy of all photos and emails and copies of what the dealer is saying and doing. Just in case.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote