Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #1
Shogunles

2014 Bullet Premier 31 BHPR Cabinets Defective?

Hello, in my never ending saga with my Premier, I have yet another issue to add to the punch list. As we were using it a few days ago, I went to open probably the least used cabinet door on the unit, only for it to completely fall off into my hand! It was the middle cabinet door from the overhead above the couch.

After I realized that this really had happened, I took a closer look at the damage/defect. The door had pulled apart from the joint closest to the hinges. It is glued at the joint, and it pulled away clean without further damaging or splintering the door. It is an easy fix, however I am just concerned about the rest of the cabinetry in the unit! I only took possession of it September 15, 2013. So needless to say, my factory warranty has expired. And my extended warranty does not cover issues such as this (Camping World).

I still sent an email to Keystone RV today, along with some pictures of the defect, dare I say. I just simply want them to mail me a new door. I am probably kidding myself. I did repair it with a wood bonding agent. This was not caused by neglect on my part as I take very good care of all that I own.

I just wanted to post this as a heads up to other Premier owners. Also, I wanted to see if other owners of the Premier, or Keystones in general had the same issue as I did. Thanks for listening. Be well!
Old 10-15-2014, 03:53 AM   #2
GaryWT

Sorry to hear this. After 2 years we have not had and doors come off or anything like that but I will take a look. After 2 years and 84 nights of camping we are still good and loving it, unfortunately it is time to put it away for the winter.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #3
AM1958

We got our 2014 31BHPR on the Tuesday before Easter weekend and have towed it almost 3000 miles and spent over 30 nights in it so far.

I've come across two issues. The first was the second door in the bunkhouse wardrobe "scraped" the other door when it was closed. A quick investigation showed that the latch on that door had been installed a bit wonky. I unscrewed it and reinstalled it. Bingo, problem solved.

The second "issue" is really a combination of my ignorance and bad selection of materials on Bullet's part. The counter in the outside kitchen has a plastic edge caulked to it. The edge did not come together at the joint and I guess the caulk job wasn't great. When we finished using it I would unplug the fridge and jam the door slightly open to prevent mold. I noticed that the counter had begun to swell and realized it was water coming from the fridge as it warmed and as moisture condensed on it from the air in the hot months. The swelling is minor at this point and I put a couple of layers of paper towel in the bottom of the fridge when I hold the door open.

Other than those two rather minor issues we have had no problem whatsoever with the 31BHPR and love camping in it. Our seven year old cries every time we tell her we have to go home...
AM1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
Samsgunner

Sorry to hear about the cabinet door failure. These are Ultralights and we have found a little beefing up here and there on our 34BHPR has been needed to the cabinet latches and hinges. We added tension hinges to the cabinet doors over the couch so they would stay open when we wanted them to be. During the process, I inspected the cabinet joints. All were good but not bullet proof. Hope you get it replaced or repaired.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:51 AM   #5
Flabbytax

We haven't had many issues other than most of the doors are crooked. We also had to rebuild our bunks as the luan was not adequate and we were breaking through everywhere.
Flabbytax is offline   Reply With Quote