Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2014, 05:27 AM   #1
skdooman2004

CO detector

dry camping over weekend, let heater run through nite, 4:30 am the carbon monoxide detector goes off! surprise!!!! opened windows, turned fans on, got it to stop. here my propane ran out on first bottle, was the furnance not firing correctly to set detector off????? 2011 raptor 30mp
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 05:48 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It could be a problem with the furnace and CO buildup in the coach, it could be a malfunctioning CO detector, it could be a voltage fluctuation when the furnace fan kicks on causing the voltage to drop in the detector initiating a false alarm (if yours is connected to the 12 volt system, some are, some aren't). It could be any number of other things not associated with buildup of CO, but it also could mean danger, so I wouldn't ignore it.

There are a couple of threads about time limits for CO detectors, buying replacements and even a discussion about whether an "home rated" detector is adequate for the temperature and humidity ranges found in an RV. Do a little searching on the forum to see those threads.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 06:01 AM   #3
skdooman2004

co detector

yes it is battery& 12 volt, I don't think voltage was my problem though, I'm leaning more with no propane???? yes we took serious aired coach out even though it was 38 deg. outside, then changed bottle, turned on heater , detector never came on again. still worried though, would like definite answers to figure out WHY?
skdooman2004 is offline   Reply With Quote