Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
hankaye

Going in from the belly .....

Howdy All;

As the wood that is on the framework is on the "Far" side from me if I have to go in to the "Belly of the Beast" I have this question before I screw something up.

I've noticed that there is some kind of expanding foam type of stuff around the hole where the Black/Gray 3" dump line comes thru the chloroplast. Is that going to rip the c'plast ???

What else do I NEED to look-out for when I drop the c'plast?????

As stated eariler, just don't need to screw something up if I don't need to.

Reason for going in .... I've read that there can be alot of issues where the sun don't shine and feel compelled to take a looky-see to satisfy my inate courisoity

Thanks for the thoughts/advise/warnings/ect.......

hankaye
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Handysam

Hank, I think "issues where the sun don't shine" doesn't pertain to campers Anyway, that expanding foam around the pipes should carefully be removed/cut away before dropping the c'plast, and replace the foam when finished. Also don't be surprised if insulation doesn't fall out as you drop it. I would take a few screws down do a looksy and move to another section as opposed to dropping it all at once. Let us know what you find. Good Luck, Sam
Old 05-05-2011, 06:58 AM   #3
hankaye

Handysam, Howdy;

Feel like the theme from "Rawhide" been movin', movin', movin' all week. How the h**l do we get SO much 'stuff' into these things???

Thanks for the heads-up about falling items. Learning how to move around in a newone is something else I'm getting used to. Think I'll buy some of that belly tape for "just in case" and would be handy in case of road damage. Am going to have to buy a heat tape for the kitchen drain and get some insulation for it as well.

Promise to take some pix and then post'em.

hankaye
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote