Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-23-2014, 06:20 AM   #1
jlensi

2014 Raptor 415

The license plate bracket is mounted to the bottom of the rear door and it looks real low, I'm thinking its only a matter of time before it gets snapped off to the rear bottoming out. Has anyone had a problem with the plate get 'snapped' off or anything? Is there a better place to mount it? Thanks for your help.
jlensi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:24 AM   #2
canesfan

My plate hangs down half below the trailer. Not sure where else you could mount it unless you move it and the light up onto the door somehow. Not really worried about it though, it'll most likely bend before it snaps off. My plate got bent in the mail.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

X2 my plate is also about half way also and the license plate holder will flex a lot. Unless you try to dump something out of the garage or back into a large rock or something you should be fine. Besides not sure where else you could mount it. You have a big house there

Enjoy
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:06 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

I've lost countless license plates through the years from boat trailers. They are notorious for dragging that "little plastic holder" on the ramp and snapping them, but only on the way out after you've checked to make sure it's still there.....

My solution was to buy a truck "mudflap" from Tractor Supply, trace the outline of the "plastic thingy" onto the 1/4" rubber flap and using my band saw to cut it out. After drilling the mounting holes for the plate, I've never lost another one.

You might want to consider an upgrade mod ?

I would post a picture, but the boat is "at home in the pole barn" and I'm in Galveston "enjoying the warm sunshine and cool Gulf water"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote