Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
JRTJH
Site Team

Arrrrrhg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While I know I'm not the only one affected by this "freak of nature", I just finished plowing about 6" of newly fallen snow off the drive. Thankfully, I'd pulled in the slide on the trailer yesterday in anticipation. I suppose "there goes camping this weekend" <sigh> That's 5" two weeks ago, 3" last Saturday and now this !!!

What was that about "global warming" ???? More like "Global Snowing" in northern Michigan..... <G>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
Handysam

Yep, saw on the news last night about you poor folks up north getting snow, while us folks here are getting tornado warnings in the middle of the night. Hopefully warmer weather will be here soon. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #3
mikell

Here in South West Michigan we had about 4" Monday i know the feeling
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM   #4
geo

Global warming is a misnomer. It's Global Climatic Change. And down here in North Texas, we are burning up - literally!!!!!! They evacuated the small town of Palo Pinto southwest of Ft. Worth yesterday. Population approx. 300.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
Jim W

I went camping last weekend after de-winterizing the unit. Had great weather over the long weekend. Rain/Snow and 33F during the night with a high of 40F during the day.
What do you expect for northern IL weather. Like the weekend before we had 80F on Saturday, as I was washing the camper in shorts and t-shirt. Next week end we our in the deep freeze. Go Figure.
Jim W.
Jim W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

I'm chomping at the bit to get the tanks cleaned out and sanitized. I haven't purged the lines yet, I knew we'd have more freezing nights, so I'm still "IMPATIENTLY WAITING" for this stuff to end so I can get out of the driveway. We're loaded, all the appliances are checked out, the batteries charged, propane full and even have soap in the shower. I'm READY for this snow to END !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I laughingly asked my wife this afternoon after moving that snow why we ever left Louisiana to move "north" when everyone else who retires moves "south" LOL

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote