Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2018, 04:14 PM   #1
jertour

Keystone and Service

We have a 2017 28RKS Cougar and have taken it in for service a couple of times we just took it in for the third time this past Monday. But I called Keystone
a couple of weeks ago and ask if they could email me a list of the work that they have authorized the dealer do the rep that I spoke to said would not and could not sent it to me. My question is has anyone else had this reaction from Keystone.

Thanks Jerry
jertour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:20 PM   #2
Canonman

I have had a different response from Keystone. They did in fact inform me that work was authorized. I had the work order/claim info from the dealer to Keystone. Seemed to help getting info from Keystone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_3922 - Version 2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	394.2 KB
ID:	15978  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I think you're working this backwards. Keystone's point of contact is not you....it's the dealer. Get the info from the dealer on the communications and it will help a lot dealing with Keystone. Here's the way it goes; the dealer is a dealer for Keystone, you are a customer of the dealer. Trying to shortcut the "process" just leads to more confusion and aggravation in my experience. You have to learn "the dance".
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #4
Canonman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
I think you're working this backwards. Keystone's point of contact is not you....it's the dealer. Get the info from the dealer on the communications and it will help a lot dealing with Keystone. Here's the way it goes; the dealer is a dealer for Keystone, you are a customer of the dealer. Trying to shortcut the "process" just leads to more confusion and aggravation in my experience. You have to learn "the dance".
Agree 100%
In our case the dealer, by giving us the claim number, tacitly approved us contacting Keystone Customer Service. At the time our service rep at the dealership was out of town so the manufacture liaison person gave us the info we needed to contact Keystone. Some items were approved and others were referred to the item manufacturer (the awning was not covered by Keystone but by Dometic).
I heartily recommend developing a strong relationship with the dealer's service person. They are your best advocate with the manufacturers for getting warranty work done.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_0773.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	398.9 KB
ID:	15979  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:36 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

Initially I was like a juggernaut hitting every available "wall"; service advisor, Keystone rep, service advisor, Keystone rep.....service manager, service manage,r the GM. After so much crap I dealt only with the GM of the dealership and advised him that was the way I was going to go. It went well, but, he introduced me to the service manager and encouraged me to deal with him and he would take care of all my issues (I'm sure he was tired of me - but we learned a lot about each other's families).

The SM worked hard for me, and we became friends. Same with the current SM after that one left. You HAVE to establish some sort of relationship, to me, with the dealership, management etc. Unless you do that you are the nameless number that they have no idea about. When I returned from FL on April 1 I called and told them I needed an inspection, roof cleaning/treatment and might need something else. The response? Do you want it back same day? Do you need it tomorrow? You HAVE to have a local dealership and you HAVE to cultivate that kind of relationship IMO with those folks. I just don't have that "2 weeks, 2 months" kind of stuff. I plowed that road long ago.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 02:37 AM   #6
Tinner12002

I realize this isn't the auto industry but when you have car issues most of us take ours cars to the dealer to fix or find out if the issue can be fixed. I guess I totally don't understand why some here in the RV industry are insistent on calling the manufacturer instead of their dealer and then wonder why they don't get the expected positive response...I would understand if the dealer wasn't taking care of it but people are contacting Keystone first!
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:27 AM   #7
jertour

Keystone

This is the story, we pick are 5th wheel up last April within a month the outdoor kitchen had mold everywhere and some on the back side of the kitchen inside. Took it in dealer replaced all that needed to be replaced.
I asked the service rep what they did to stop the water leak was told they replaced large door on kitchen, more mold by September. I fixed the leak myself.
Called Keystone and ask if door had been replaced they said yes it had.
Just took it back in to the dealer for different service and asked different service rep about the door he said there was no record of replacing the door in there system. I know how the game is played and sometimes you need to play the game to your advantage (check dealer with Company) 1st time dealer said door replaced and Company said the door was replaced the 2nd time dealer said no record of replacing the door. I have found some on this forum do not read the question all i asked was if anyone had gotten record of service from Keystone. Thanks to all that replied.
jertour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 09:36 AM   #8
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Jertour, sorry for all your troubles. Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction.

Members, please in the future refrain from posting comments and ideas that are not directly related to answering the original posters questions only. Adding spurious information to threads goes off topic and will only help those are quietly following the thread to learn new information or those who will search for help in the future. Please keep everything focused on the narrow subject presented. In the event that you have something to add that is outside of the parameters of the original question, please start your own thread and set your own limits on what can be discussed. Doing so will help with the efficiency of the Forum as we will only have a few posts on each thread and the ideas will be kept in line with the intent of the original question. Thank you for your cooperation.

Yes, this sounds as dumb as it is. This is the third time in two weeks that similar comments have been made about posts that members have made. It is ok to just ignore them and move on to the next post. It does not hurt a thing to be tolerant of others and what they post. It's like going to a smorgasbord: You may love potatoes and you take a lot of them, but you hate turnips. Just leave them! The guy behind may love turnips and hate potatoes. It's all good and there is room for everyone on here. Relax and have some fun. Or better yet, go outside and play and get some fresh air. God knows we could all use some.* Rant over, carry on as you were. Also, no other smart a$$ comments or posts needed on this.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #9
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Jertour, sorry for all your troubles. Hope it gets fixed to your satisfaction.

Members, please in the future refrain from posting comments and ideas that are not directly related to answering the original posters questions only.* Adding spurious information to threads goes off topic and will only help those are quietly following the thread to learn new information or those who will search for help in the future.* Please keep everything focused on the narrow subject presented.* In the event that you have something to add that is outside of the parameters of the original question, please start your own thread and set your own limits on what can be discussed.* Doing so will help with the efficiency of the Forum as we will only have a few posts on each thread and the ideas will be kept in line with the intent of the original question.* Thank you for your cooperation.

Yes, this sounds as dumb as it is.* This is the third time in two weeks that similar comments have been made about posts that members have made.* It is ok to just ignore them and move on to the next post.* It does not hurt a thing to be tolerant of others and what they post.* It's like going to a smorgasbord:* You may love potatoes and you take a lot of them, but you hate turnips.* Just leave them!* The guy behind may love turnips and hate potatoes.* It's all good and there is room for everyone on here.* Relax and have some fun.* Or better yet, go outside and play and get some fresh air.* *God knows we could all use some.* Rant over, carry on as you were.* Also, no other smart a$$ comments or posts needed on this.

The "thanks button" only sends the thank you to the poster of the comment. I'd like to second Chip's comments and thank him publically for making them. As he said, in the past couple of weeks, we've seen more than a couple of relatively new members "get their panties in a wad" over another member posting something that either wasn't "on topic" or "that wasn't addressed to the OP", but to another member who made a public post in "their thread".

First, No member "owns" their thread. This is an open forum and any member can post a comment (on or off topic) in any thread they so choose.

Second, there is no forum rule that states all topics must meet the OP's definition of "on topic". Actually, there is no forum rule that states posts must be "on topic" (that's concept of internet courtesy but is not a rule). There is a rule that states posts must not contain profanity, must not be commercial in nature, must not be rude or vulgar, and must not demean or insult other members, etc.

Third, the "price of admission" for every member (forum cost) is the same. None of us (moderators included) pay to be a member and none of us (moderators included) make any profit from membership or from being a moderator. In other words, the forum serves a purpose, to help people with problems and the price any of us pay for that purpose is a big, fat nothing. So, if you feel you're getting something out of the forum, you're a winner. If, on the other hand, you don't like what you read, there's really nothing that you've lost by spending your time here (other than a few minutes of your time). The forum's value is what you get out of it compared to what you put into it. If you're not satisfied, then improve it by contributing more or make the conscious decision not to invest any more into the forum. That's your personal choice and your personal responsibility.

So, the "hurt feelings", the "it's my thread, I'm the OP" and the posts that come across as, "It's my thread, I don't appreciate your post" are not only inappropriate, they are unwarranted.

As members, we all need to take a deep breath, say "so what" if there's a post we don't think is appropriate, and move on. The moderators read every post on the forum, and if there is a violation of forum rules, they will usually address it. It is not the job of each member to correct other members in the open forum. As a member, if you really believe that the post in inappropriate, then first, read the forum rules, if you think there is a violation, then report the post. If, on the other hand, you're just upset because someone said/did something you don't like, please, just move on to the next post. None of us are perfect, none of us are going to post "things you like" all the time, and in the "grand scheme of things", once the sun sets, all of us will "get over our frustration of not being able to read only what we think is what we want to read"......

Hurry up spring, people need to be outside camping not inside complaining about petty things !!!!!

Thanks Chip, for your words.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:18 PM   #10
Tinner12002

OOps, if I'm the poster your referring to then I will apologize to the OP, wasn't trying to be snarty, just that its probably best to try issues with the dealer first in most cases which after reading his explanation he did.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:17 AM   #11
mark1228

From a dealer perspective- First of all the, the dealer should provide a written work order to the RV owner for all warranty work completed. The dealer is the first line of communication with the owner. I have no problem at all with someone like the OP contacting Keystone to ask what was covered or pre-authorized. You shouldn't have to double check your dealer but if everyone is doing their job you should be told the same thing by Keystone.

This is only a guess, but if one customer is given this information and the next is not it may be because Keystone denied some things on the pre-authorization and the rep doesn't want to get into that uncomfortable conversation we have to have everyday about why certain items were denied so it's easier to just say "we don't give out that information". In the case of the customer that was provided with it they may have authorized all items so it an easy conversation. Again, that's just a guess.

As a side note, thanks to the mods! I know the pay isn't great but you guys do a great job!
mark1228 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone