Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
John Shaw

Free standing dinette chairs

How long did it take you to find the storage space in the dinette chairs? We found them totally by accident.
John Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

As soon as i picked one up and banged my hand on the dinnet! gave the DW a good chuckle
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Shaw View Post
How long did it take you to find the storage space in the dinette chairs? We found them totally by accident.
We spotted them when we first walked through the Cougar on the showroom floor.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
mikell

Our Terry had them so we checked
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
mhs4771

We knew it was suppose to be there and when it wasn't we knew they weren't the right table and chairs for the unit. That was corrected before we accepted delivery.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #6
JeffS

As with SAABDOCTOR it was when I picked it up and the seat came open. Actually it was a good thing, since on closer inspection of the chairs we discovered the cupboard hinge under the table that allowed the top to slide.

Makes me wonder what other little treasurers are lurking around that we have not yet found?
Huntley, Illinois
formerly Norton Shores, Michigan
JeffS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #7
jerseyphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
We knew it was suppose to be there and when it wasn't we knew they weren't the right table and chairs for the unit. That was corrected before we accepted delivery.
Wow. They actually had the wrong table and chairs in your camper?

We knew ours had those chairs because we saw the model at the Hershey, PA RV show and the dealer there gave us a great run through of the unit. Love this floor plan. (Cougar 318SAB)
jerseyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
SkiSmuggs

So what are folks using the in chair storage for? Napkins, place mats, owner manuals, remotes?
Old 01-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
mhs4771

JerseyPhil, yep Dealer had swapped them out with another unit to make a sale and was hopeing no one would notice. So they just did the same again, swapping table and chairs with another Montana on the lot still hopeing to pass off the wrong table and chairs to some unknowing customer.
As for use of the storage space, I put the manuals for the appliances and RV in the chairs.
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Ext Cab LT DRW Duramax/Allison pulling a 2012 SOB (still Thor, but not a Keystone), Dual ACs, 4 Door Fridge, Fireplace, Sleep Number Bed, Level-Up Auto Levelers, Disc Brakes, Winegard DirecTV SlimLine Auto Dish, Onan 5.5K, Splendide Combo Washer/Dryer, GY G114s on HiSpec 17.5 wheels, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Mor/ryde IS.

Michelle & Ann Sullivan and 4 American Shorthairs
mhs4771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #10
Cpatinjones

The salesman showed it to me as a neat feature.
Member of Escapees, Good Sam and RVing Women
Carolyn
Cpatinjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #11
gduff

The dealer showed them to us when we were considering purchase.
Firestone Air Bags
Pullrite Superglide
gduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #12
Jabber2Jake

We found the chair storage space by accident.
Jabber2Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:53 PM   #13
suza

Salesman showed this feature. We store the following items:

napkins, placemats (only the round ones fit), playing cards, reusable shopping bags, coasters/hot mats. Hint: Don't put something in there you might need after you are seated
suza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #14
webslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyphil View Post
Wow. They actually had the wrong table and chairs in your camper?

We knew ours had those chairs because we saw the model at the Hershey, PA RV show and the dealer there gave us a great run through of the unit. Love this floor plan. (Cougar 318SAB)
We must have passed each other...fell in love with the 318SAB at the same show. Bought ours the week after the show.

We knew about the storage in the chairs, also from, probably the same salesman, at the Hershey show, but, we never stored anything in them, in fact, we never used them. When we got the unit home, I pulled the table and chairs and put in one of DW's weaving looms. She already has a traveling spinning wheel, now she can spin her yarn and weave while we are "out and about". The table and chairs now reside in one of our hobby rooms and when we are at the sticks and bricks we use it for jigsaw puzzles...

Don
Bronwyn
2 Cats; J-Lo and Ragamuffin

2011 Keystone Cougar 318SAB
2011 Ram 2500 Longhorn CTD HO
Built in brake controller and exhaust brake
Tri Glide TrailAir Pinbox / B&W Companion Hitch
webslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #15
SoGaDually

When we were looking at our 5th Wheel on the lot we saw the storage space in the chairs. The first words out of my wife mouth was "Wow more storage" like there wasn't enough already.
"Still Tree Hugger Friendly"
https://i653.photobucket.com/albums/u...46290d167a.jpg
SoGaDually is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #16
Pappydude

I like the idea of storing the manuals in one........never thought of that and it gets it out of the cupboard I've been keeping it in!! YAY
Pappydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:17 AM   #17
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappydude View Post
I like the idea of storing the manuals in one........never thought of that and it gets it out of the cupboard I've been keeping it in!! YAY
Great idea!

Speaking of manuals . . . . what do you all think of the Keystone Owner's Manual? We find it pretty useless. The information is just basic and mostly common sense. And, have you ever seen an owner's manual that doesn't have a section in the back listing all the specifications of the vehicle? Keystone needs to follow the example of automakers and model the owner's manual after those found in the glove box of our vehicles. I wouldn't mind if it was an inch thick, as long as it gave information you could actually use. Just my opinon.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
Old 06-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #18
Pmedic4

Seat storage area - Laundry chute?

I found the storage in the seat by accident, when I went to move one of the chairs. Mentioned it to the wife, and said she saw it on one of the website videos earlier. Really haven't put anything in there, storage really isn't much of an issue for us.
The other thing surprise for us, was the Laundry chute in the 291RLS. We haven't used it, but it could be useful for putting dirty laundry down in the passthru storage area, we guess? The wife pointed out to me watching one of the online videos.

Have to agree with Suza on the "Keystone Owners Manual". Too generic to be of much assistance, with a few hidden bits of info, but for someone who's owned other RVs, just sort of a long reference list. I might say that for a newbie, there is probably some good information for different parts of the RV and operational aspects of the RV, so it's not a total waste.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:07 PM   #19
suza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
I found the storage in the seat by accident, when I went to move one of the chairs. Mentioned it to the wife, and said she saw it on one of the website videos earlier. Really haven't put anything in there, storage really isn't much of an issue for us.
The other thing surprise for us, was the Laundry chute in the 291RLS. We haven't used it, but it could be useful for putting dirty laundry down in the passthru storage area, we guess? The wife pointed out to me watching one of the online videos.

Have to agree with Suza on the "Keystone Owners Manual". Too generic to be of much assistance, with a few hidden bits of info, but for someone who's owned other RVs, just sort of a long reference list. I might say that for a newbie, there is probably some good information for different parts of the RV and operational aspects of the RV, so it's not a total waste.
I was intrigued by the idea of the laundry chute. Sounded like a good way to keep dirty laundry out of the way. I was disappointed, however, to find that our 279RK did not have this feature. It came supplied with a laundry basket but no trap door to the cargo hold. I suppose it just didn't work out with the configuration. Nevertheless, I would not give up my rear kitchen model just to have a laundry chute. My husband said it would be bad to have your dirty clothes down in the "cargo bay" if you ran out of something and needed to retrieve it from the laundry hamper I keep the laundry basket in the slide out closet, but it takes up nearly half of the closet. I'd like to save that space for other storage. Other possible storage places:

The shower - Not a bad idea - we store other things there - But, you'd have to put it someplace else when you want to use the shower.

Under the bed - not too handy, especially if someone is in bed when you want to stow your dirty clothes

I've thought about a laundry bag to hang in the closet that would utilize more vertical space. What do others do with laundry? I'm sure there are some creative ideas out there in RV Land.
Bridge, OR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2014 Cougar 279RKS
2013 F-350 Super Duty Powerstroke 4WD LB CC

https://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/...ps78607eca.jpg
Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Pmedic4

Laundry chute (for different levels of dirty)

If you had the laundry chute, you wouldn't have to worry about retrieving one of your recycled shirts. The hatch opens to the passthru storage, which would have just enough room to put a laundry basket, so you could reach down and grab that less than completely dirty shirt.
Of course if you opened the hatch and smelled your shirt, perhaps it is dirtier than you remembered?

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote