Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 02-22-2017, 08:35 AM   #1
Mboys

Samsung residential refrigerator

Just bought a new 3511re Alpine with Samsung frig. It is in a slide out with no easy access to back and no outside access. Does anyone know if there is a drip pan or where the drip hose goes? I have not seen anything under the belly on the slide and thought it might might drain into the gray water but that doesn't sound sanitary to me. Just don't want a bunch of water pooling. Called Keystone and they said call Samsung. I've dealt with Samsung customer service before and haven't been very successful and I'm sure they know nothing about how their units are installed in Fifthwheels. Thanks for any info. Dealer not familiar with new Alpine/residential refrigerator installations either.
Mboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:42 AM   #2
notanlines

We have two Samsung units at home and both have the pan behind the access panel at the bottom, right under the two doors.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:52 AM   #3
Mboys

Ours has a bottom pull out freezer.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
MattHelm21

So we have the Samsung residential fridge with the french doors also. I just checked the manual and can find no mention of a drip tray. I'm sure there is no plumbing that exits outside like a traditional RV fridge. The best I could find doing an online search was this on the Samsung web site:

http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/14307

It doesn't mention our model fridge specifically but the picture looks like the one in our rig.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #5
Mboys

Thanks for the Web site. I was aware of the drain hole freeze problems these units are prone to which made me wonder were the water actually exited the frig. I also could not find anything in the manual. Ironically our unit hasn't worked since we bought the 5er and is still at CW getting fixed .Warranty thank goodness but still a pain. Thanks for your reply , it does help. I'lll keep investigating.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:54 AM   #6
kfxgreenie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mboys View Post
Thanks for the Web site. I was aware of the drain hole freeze problems these units are prone to which made me wonder were the water actually exited the frig. I also could not find anything in the manual. Ironically our unit hasn't worked since we bought the 5er and is still at CW getting fixed .Warranty thank goodness but still a pain. Thanks for your reply , it does help. I'lll keep investigating.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/mode...RF20HFENBSR/AA

Your evaporator is behind the panel in the back of your freezer drawer area more than likley. If you look at the above Samsung model on the "Fridge" breakdown 11-9 is the drain plate. Now go to the "cabinet" breakdown, part 14-2 is the drain pan. Part #12 is your drain "tubes" so when your refrigerator automatically defrost roughly once a day it heats the evaporator melts the frost off, water runs down to the drain plate, through the drain tubes, and into the drain tray. Then the heat and air movement off the condenser and condenser fan causes the water to evaporate. So no external drain and that is the theory on how it is supposed to work. Quite a few manufactures have drain tube freezing problems as they put "duckbills" on to save energy and prevent so much "warm" air flowing back up the tube and into the freezer. The tubes used to be just that an open tube to the drain pan. Whirlpool had a quite a few problems with the "duckbills" and created a S tube so it had a water trap to prevent the air from flowing in.
https://www.rcappliancepartsimages.c...8/01676376.jpg
kfxgreenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #7
Mboys

Perfect. Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much for the explanation and Web sites. I was aware of the freeze up issues and after market fixes but wasn't sure what happened below that point. Really helpful, thanks again.