Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2018, 08:23 AM   #21
NotyetMHCowner

I should have mentioned that I figured out the low voltage issue 3 years ago. I replaced the breaker for the leveling system with an 80amp since I was seeing 60+Amps while raising the front jacks. I also added an additional cable for the ground and positive to the controller to help with voltage drop. IIRC I added an additional #6awg. I also have 4 golf cart batteries all with 2/0 cabling. While this was happening, the screen on the auto level showed 13.5 volts.

I have three 2"x12" blocks screwed together for the rear jacks that I use every time. I took one of them out after the system failed to auto level because the LR jack needed to raise quite a bit more than the RR jack and I was trying to keep the two jacks within 2 inches. It didn't work then either though.

I usually run the jacks down as far as I can manually (with the pins pulled) before starting so the electric portion of the landing gear doesn't have to move as much. It is important that the RV be sitting front high though for the auto level to work.
1998 Coleman Grandview pop-up with slide

Trucks:
2006 Ford F350 CC, SB, DRW, 4x4
1992 Ford F150 SC, SB, 4x4
NotyetMHCowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:56 AM   #22
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotyetMHCowner View Post
I should have mentioned that I figured out the low voltage issue 3 years ago. I replaced the breaker for the leveling system with an 80amp since I was seeing 60+Amps while raising the front jacks. I also added an additional cable for the ground and positive to the controller to help with voltage drop. IIRC I added an additional #6awg. I also have 4 golf cart batteries all with 2/0 cabling. While this was happening, the screen on the auto level showed 13.5 volts.

I have three 2"x12" blocks screwed together for the rear jacks that I use every time. I took one of them out after the system failed to auto level because the LR jack needed to raise quite a bit more than the RR jack and I was trying to keep the two jacks within 2 inches. It didn't work then either though.

I usually run the jacks down as far as I can manually (with the pins pulled) before starting so the electric portion of the landing gear doesn't have to move as much. It is important that the RV be sitting front high though for the auto level to work.
The Lippert 3.0 in my '15 Cougar doesn't care if the front is up or down before the auto level is started.. that only matters if I try to use the return to hitch height feature..

I drop my front jacks 6 to 8 holes before using the drop front jacks command.. Occasionally I use a 2 x 12 or so to block up the jacks... usually on soft surfaces..

The only time I've had trouble with leveling I've been able to back the truck under the trailer and put a couple more blocks under the jack to fix it..