Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #1
Cyncwby

Mountaineer 295RKD ??

My wife's in love with this model .......... so does anyone have one? Problems....good or bad, I know they all have some sort of problems which I can fix most. I'm concerned about the Lippert chassis and suspension. Also, how hard is it to remove the lower panel that covers the king pin structure, that is my main concern....thanks, Dave
Cyncwby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Dave -
Is your concern regarding the king pin structure mainly about whether or not the pin box is securely fastened to the front of the frame or ???? What year Mountaineer are we talking about in regards to the suspension?

Welcome to the forum BTW.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
Cyncwby

Thanks for the welcome Festus2, The rig is a Brand new 2013 that we are looking at from Pete's RV in Indiana. I was on the Heartland website a while back and basically got told by the mod not to ask anymore questions about all the problems those folks were have with frame cracking specially around the king pin area. Just trying to do my homework before we buy, any info would be greatly appreciated......Dave
Old 08-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Dave -
As a moderator, I cannot fathom why you would be told by someone in a similar position (on another forum) not to ask any questions about a problem that members were having with their RV's. I can assure you that you won't be told "to be quiet" here if you want to ask questions about problems with RV's. We do have a rule (#2) regarding repeated negative posts or "bashing" of a manufacturer or its products which can be seen in our Forum Rules/User Conduct Policy section of the forum.

If my memory serves me correctly, I can recall only one or two instances where members had an issue with a cracked or bent frame but am not sure if it was with a 5th wheel or a trailer. A forum search might shed some light on that --- it was some time ago. A cracked or bent frame is certainly not commonplace - at least it hasn't been reported except for the one or two occasions mentioned earlier.

Try doing a forum search and see if you can come up with any previous posts or threads about cracked or bent frames.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #5
Cyncwby

I'm sorry, I have no further questions then
Old 08-11-2013, 06:11 AM   #6
Vet4jdc

We purchased a mountaineer 295RKD about 4 months ago and love it. Some minor problems to work through but nothing I haven't been able to fix. We have camped 5 times in 4 months and are pleased witrh out upgrade. I have not heard of any issues with the kingpin or frame and would like to learn more if those issues exist.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
Cyncwby

Thanks Vet for the reply, we are really looking forward to picking ours up soon. As far as possible issues with the frame are concerned you will have to do the research yourself. If I say anything bad about a company then I've been told I'm violating the forum rules.....Dave
Old 08-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Festus2
Site Team

Dave -

Please refer to the Private Message I sent you regarding our forum rules. Thank you.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #9
dvn/ajn

Thumbs up

Have this model for all of 3 weeks. Did a 3 - 4 hour walk thru and test of all items. Found minor things and waiting on dealer to get replacements sent to us. Have spent only 2 nites in it. We have ordered a/c duct vents that can be closed in order to get more cool air to the bed room. So far very impressed with this unit. We traded in a Cougar TT and prior to that we had an air stream TT. Hope you enjoy and have fun.
16K SuperGlide
dvn/ajn is offline   Reply With Quote